57

" But how should I act. I don't know." Bhavya said, her face reflecting her confusion.

" You don't know? " Deepak asked. She shook her head.

" You know what, just forget about it, " Deepak said as he sat on a chair, holding his head.

" Go watch TV with mom or do whatever you want. Just leave me alone for a while, " Deepak said without looking at her.

Bhavya stared at him for a moment before eventually leaving the room, feeling the heavy atmosphere.

BHAVYA

" What's wrong with him today? He's not in a good mood. "

I entered the living room, but it was empty, so I decided to go to mom's room.

I peeked inside her room and found her engrossed in conversation with mom and dad, so I left and returned to the living room.

Maybe I should use my phone.

As I scrolled through my phone, a message pinged. I checked the university's student group and saw a form posted.

Wait... Students can volunteer as Teacher's Assistants for a month... Is it open to first-year students too?

I enjoy teaching, I can't deny it. I used to be shy and didn't like attention, preferring to stay at home. But when mom made me teach little kids, I started to enjoy it.

I wouldn't mind pursuing a career in this field. I'm sure Deepak ji will support me.

I quickly filled out the form, putting Deepak's name in the teacher's place because I don't want to be paired with anyone else.

" It will be fun, " I whispered after submitting the form. I'm feeling so excited.

______

Bhavya glanced at the TV direction, but her phone started ringing again.

" Why is he calling me? "

She answered the call and put it on speaker.

" Hello? "

" Hello Bhavya... I want to be direct. You talked about me, " Vivaan's cheerful voice came through.

" Yes, I did. I even gave them your number. You might receive calls too, but please don't pressure Simran to love you, " she said, not wanting him to force his feelings on her.

" I will never do that. Bhavya, I love you so much. I just want to give you a hug. I LOVE YOU...

"Hey there, who is it?"

"When did he arrive?" Bhavya wondered, looking at Deepak who seemed extremely angry.

"Hello."

"Hello."

"H..." Bhavya was about to say something, but Deepak silenced her by placing his finger on her lips and giving her a menacing glare.

When he didn't receive any response from the other end, he checked the phone, which had already been hung up.

He dialled the number again, but it was now switched off.

"Who was he, Bhavya?" He asked, gripping her arm tightly, causing her pain.

"Let go of me first," she hissed, trying to free her arm, but his grip only tightened.

"WHO. WAS. ON. THE. CALL."

"No one..."

"Deepak, what's going on? Let go of her hand," Dad said from behind. Bhavya looked at them with teary eyes, as her hands were starting to hurt.

"ASK HER WHO SHE WAS TALKING TO."

"No one, it was just my college friend."

"You know what, Bhavya? I've been teaching there for so many years, and no one has ever called me and said 'I love you' or shouted it out loud," Deepak stood closer to her, almost making her scared.

"Deepak, there must be some misunderstanding," Bhavya's mother said.

"No misunderstanding. Bhavya, are you going to tell me or not?" Deepak said, and when she remained silent, he chuckled darkly and threw her phone against the wall with all his force.

"Now, are you going to tell me?" He said, holding her cheeks in a painful manner.

"Deepak, stop this," Deepak's father said, trying to hold his hand, but he pushed him away.

"You go to college for this? Fine, stay at home. I don't want this worthless degree," he shouted, backing away from her.

Bhavya tightly gripped his hand, almost running to keep up with him.

"Listen," he said.

"Do you want to tell me his name?" Deepak asked, looking at Bhavya who has a hint of innocence in her eyes, which Deepak ignored.

"Vi... Vi... V... Vivaan," she stammered.

"Vivaan? Your new math professor? The founder's son? He was saying 'I love you' to you?" Deepak said, feeling all his insecurities resurfacing.

"No, it's not l..."

"Don't... Just shut up... Just shut up," he interrupted, placing his finger on her lips.

Her lips trembled as she reached out to hold his hand, but he pushed her away.

"AT LEAST LISTEN TO ME!" Bhavya shouted, but Deepak ignored her and headed towards his room.

She ran after him and tried to hug him, but he pushed her away again. Just as he raised his hand in anger, his father intervened and held his hand with a shocked expression.

"Don't touch me. If he wanted to give you a hug, get it from him. I know girls love money, Bhavya. But I thought you were happy here, with everything you wanted. I would even give you every penny of my salary, but it's okay, go to Vivaan. Give him a hug tomorrow. Don't forget to give him a hug," he said before leaving.

Bhavya stared at his retreating figure, her eyes filled with shock.

"What... What was that?" she wondered aloud.