Chapter 897 Battle At The Selnes Country: War

The following day...

The advanced army stationed beyond the country's borders had dispatched a report. The Army of Gluttony had resurfaced.

This time, the army was significantly stronger than before. Scouts had detected energy levels indicative of Shackled Realm powerhouses among the enemy ranks. There was no doubt that this battle would be far more intense.

The previous day's skirmish had merely served as a prelude.

Their enemies numbered approximately thirty thousand. Half of them were either C-rank or B-rank fighters. A significant contingent of A-rank and S-rank combatants was also included among the enemy forces.

Upon receiving these reports, the alliance army and the Five Master Clans assembled outside the city walls. They had been well-prepared, so it took them only half an hour to assemble. Virtually everyone was present.

The Heads of the Five Master Clans positioned themselves at the forefront, their forces advancing to the frontline.

Among the alliance army, their representatives occupied the front positions, supported by their trusted aides standing behind them.

Souta glanced at the Heads of the Five Master Clans. He understood that this battle wouldn't be as straightforward as the one from yesterday.

What would occur if they were defeated?

Would they retreat and seek refuge within their barriers?

However, that wasn't Souta's concern. His task was to stand the ground here, preventing the enemy from advancing toward the Selnes Country.

Souta shifted his gaze and directed it at the trio.

Vashno, Eztein, and Franklin.

These individuals hadn't been present during the previous day's battle, and Souta was unaware of their actions.

Souta turned his focus forward and inquired, "Tell me, what have you been up to? All I heard was that you were thoroughly beaten in the tournament."

"Boss, it's because of this old man. We kept encountering various situations where he wanted to find a powerful individual," Eztein explained, gesturing toward Franklin.

Franklin remained silent, his stance resembling that of a statue.

"And?" Souta said, his tone frosty.

Eztein felt a chill run down his spine. "I... B-Boss... It's not my fault! This old man! It's all because of him!"

Souta sighed.

These two guys were really troublesome. If he wasn't stronger, he wouldn't have any way to handle them except using the queen parasite to forcefully restrain their bodies.

Shen Yao, Naruse, Adel, and the other representatives of the large factions glanced at the Olympus group.

Genzu, who was nearby, just glanced at Eztein and Franklin. He then turned to Souta and asked, "Are they going to be fine?"

"Yeah, despite being idiotic, they are quite strong," Souta answered.

Vashno looked around before stepping forward. He flicked his finger and erected a barrier that covered him and Souta.

Souta noticed it, so he glanced at Vashno with a questioning gaze.

"I think we've discovered something," Vashno said.

"Go on," Souta said.

"Yesterday, Franklin was trying to find a strong person, and he mentioned sensing danger. We followed him, which led us to an old store. The store looked pretty normal, but after we left, I overheard the lady at the counter mentioning something about our conversation." Vashno paused before continuing, "Hearing our conversation despite us creating a barrier to prevent others from eavesdropping on us indicates that the lady at the counter is not an ordinary person."