Chapter 946 Battle at the Selnes Country: Earth Drill Centipede I

The warriors, including Alice and Eilish, gazed upward at the figure hovering in the air.

"He had grown stronger once again..." Eilish murmured.

"Keeping up with him is becoming increasingly difficult," Alice remarked with a wry smile.

"I hoped for some rest, but it looks like we'll have to wait until Souta and Kessa finish off that monster," Eilish said, settling against the wall and clenching her fist. She looked downward, determination etched on her face. "I must become stronger too. Breaking the Third Shackle isn't enough... Not for my brother or for him..."

Alice briefly glanced at Eilish, her eyes reflecting a mixed of emotions, before returning her attention to the radiant figure in the sky.

...

Souta remained composed, observing the clash between the two fifth-stage monsters before him.

An unfamiliar emotion swirled within him—sadness. This feeling was unlike the usual volatile emotions that spurred his desire for retribution.

Huffing out a dark smoke, Souta directed his gaze back to the intense confrontation unfolding.

Raising his hand slowly, a deep resonance filled the air.

Ohm!

The ground quivered as masses of blood floated into the air.

[Twilight Zone]!

The blood amalgamated and expanded, engulfing the entire area in a deep crimson hue. The barrier's edge was now adorned with a thick layer of blood, its acrid scent permeating the surroundings.

Amidst the chaos, a colossal tree stood at the city's center, while two monstrous entities battled nearby. At the barrier's edge rested a small red sphere, reminiscent of a miniature sun.

Souta felt a surge in his strength as a result of this. [Twilight Zone] was an ability enabling him to create a field akin to twilight, yet distinctly different, enhancing all Crimson Twilight species in the vicinity.

Bending his knees slightly, he propelled himself forward toward the Earth Drill Centipede.

Swoosh!

The centipede swiftly detected Souta's approach, maneuvering its massive body while launching hundreds of beams toward the Nine-Headed Hydra. Simultaneously, it directed another beam at Souta.

Souta evaded the beam, but noticed it altered its trajectory, homing in on him.

"A homing attack...?" Souta narrowed his eyes, spinning in the air and wielding the vajra sword. Swiftly, he slashed the air multiple times, releasing energy blades that intercepted the homing beams.

Boom! Boom!

Meanwhile, Kessa absorbed the beams directed at her with her nine heads sprawled out. She retaliated by unleashing [Bestrou] simultaneously.

Boom!

The ground trembled as the conflict escalated, causing horror among the onlooking survivors. Civilians struggled under the immense energy pressure in the atmosphere generated by the battle.

The Earth Drill Centipede seemed consumed by madness, a relentless machine driven solely by a desire to kill. It attacked recklessly, showing no restraint.

Souta and Kessa understood that reasoning with this creature was futile; it had lost its sanity. The only solution was to put an end to its rampage by defeating it.

In an enraged frenzy, the centipede underwent another transformation, activating its [Monster Orb Release], intensifying the quaking vibrations that reverberated throughout the area. The atmosphere grew even heavier.