Chapter 919 Battle at the Selnes Country: Erkigal

Arche sneered as he skillfully evaded Vashno's attack, then lifted his foot and delivered a powerful kick that sent Vashno hurtling backward.

Bang!!

The force behind Arche's kick produced a lightning flash that coursed through Vashno's entire body.

Argh!

Vashno groaned in agony as he tumbled to the ground, gazing up at Arche with a deep furrow in his brow. Arche was a Four Shackles Realm expert, and not just any ordinary one. He teetered on the brink of the Five Shackles Realm, closer to the next level than the previous one. This elevated him above the typical Four Shackles experts, making him an elite within his category.

'If he were an ordinary Four Shackles, I might be able to hold my own for a while, but that's clearly not the case now,' Vashno reflected silently.

Realizing the unfavorable circumstances, Vashno knew he couldn't hope to defeat Arche, even at full power. He drew a deep breath as he regarded Arche. "Whose side are you on? Your clan is harboring something that could turn the tide of this war. We must unlock it if you wish to prevent this nation from falling."

Arche felt a sense of unease when he heard Vashno's words. He narrowed his eyes and inquired, "Where did you come across this information?"

Vashno wore a self-assured smirk, his intuition seemingly proven correct. It appeared that the Flaem Clan was indeed harboring a vital secret, although he remained uncertain about the nature of this revelation.

"I conducted an investigation of the Five Master Clans and managed to uncover some hints regarding the secret left behind by your god," Vashno disclosed.

"Why do you believe it would aid us in this war? I have a suspicion that you lack a complete understanding of its true nature, do I not?" Arche probed.

Nonetheless, Vashno replied, "Regardless, we must prepare for the worst."

Arche refuted him, asserting, "The legacies left by our god are not something you can simply extract. They are meant for us, not outsiders like you. If anyone is to benefit from them, it will be us, so don't harbor any illusions about it."

Vashno let out an internal sigh. It had become increasingly evident that no matter what he said, Arche was resolute in denying them access to the god's legacy.

Boom!!

Out of nowhere, a figure descended to the ground. The entire area quaked, and an intensely oppressive aura spread throughout the Flaem Clan's territory.

Meanwhile, Eztein had been flung backward, and the fierce battle between Franklin and the guard came to a halt as they both turned their attention to the new arrival.

"What's going on?!" Vashno furrowed his brow and squinted at the source of the disruption.

The energy fluctuations alone were several times more potent than even Arche, who was on the verge of reaching the Fifth Shackles Realm.

It was a level of power that left Vashno profoundly unsettled. He could sense a potent killing intent, and the newcomer appeared to be driven by the desire to eliminate him.

'Not good!'

Vashno recognized that he stood little chance of victory or escape if the new arrival was genuinely intent on ending his life. The power differential between them was far too substantial. While he could have considered fleeing had Arche been his sole opponent, he was relatively confident in his ability to escape him.

Arche, alongside the two guards, paid their respects with lowered heads as they acknowledged the newcomer's presence.

"Where did you acquire knowledge about the relics our god left behind?" an authoritative voice resounded.