Chapter 961 Memory Loss

Souta, Alice, and the other top members of the Astros convened around the table after the Crown Prince's departure, delving into discussions about the Walpurgis invitation.

"Hmm... Send a message to Amanda. Have her return here as soon as possible," Souta instructed.

"The invitation... should we inform Athen's Champion about this?" Eilish inquired.

"No, there's no need. Athen's Champion won't intervene unless we present compelling evidence, such as proof of collusion between Walpurgis and the Deadly Sins," Souta replied, pausing to glance around the table before continuing, "Additionally, since the invitation originates from the Dream Realm, it suggests that Walpurgis is situated there. Even if we were to bring warriors from Athen's Champion, the Walpurgis stronghold in the Dream Realm would repel them and transport them elsewhere."

"So, we all can't go there?" Alice questioned, her expression narrowing.

"That's correct. The invitation has its limitations," Souta affirmed.

"The invitation specifies that the banquet will take place in a month and a half. However, the exact time and location will be revealed closer to the event," Eilish explained in a subdued tone.

"Which is why I need Amanda back here. I'll be taking her with me. But we still have a month, so there's no need to fret," Souta reassured, placing the Nightmare Mask on the table. "For now, activate it and attempt to gain entry to the Nightmare Realm. If successful, you'll acquire the power of dreams."

"The Nightmare Realm? I've heard it's a part of the Dream Realm..." Eilish mused, eyeing the mask on the table.

Souta, now possessing the power of dreams, had no need for the Nightmare Mask to access the Dream Realm.

"Dream Power is beneficial. It will enhance your combat capabilities to a certain extent. Though I can't guarantee how many of us can attend Walpurgis, gaining Dream Power will afford you more freedom in the Dream Realm," Souta elaborated.

Since Walpurgis was situated in the Dream Realm, having Dream Power would be advantageous. Crown Prince Servon shared some details about Walpurgis that Souta hadn't known from the game.

Suddenly, a knock interrupted their discussion.

Souta, Alice, and the others turned their heads towards the door.

"What is it?" Souta inquired.

"My Lord, Sir Eztein, Sir Franklin, and Sir Vashno have awakened," a voice announced.

...

Souta was inside a room, observing as Eztein, Vashno, and Franklin regained consciousness. He noticed that their strength had greatly weakened.

Previously, Eztein had been at Three Shackles, but now he had dropped to Two Shackles.

"What are you feeling?" Souta inquired.

Eztein looked at him before replying, "It's the same, just weaker. But I believe I can quickly regain my former strength."

"I feel much the same," Franklin added.

"It feels normal, as if the loss of memories is inconsequential," Vashno remarked.

"I see... Do any of you recall what happened to you?" Souta probed.

Despite their efforts, Eztein, Vashno, and Franklin struggled to recall the events that led to their loss of strength. No matter how hard they tried, a crucial part of their memories seemed to be missing. The only recollection they had was of being with Erkigal in a strange space, assisting in the removal of mashed-up realities.