Chapter 918 Battle at the Selnes Country: Flaem Clan

In Zone 9...

Franklin, Vashno, and Eztein reached the vicinity of the Flaem Clan household.

"Is this the right place?" Franklin inquired, his gaze fixed on the barrier enveloping the entire area.

"Yeah, that woman assured us that we'd find it here," Vashno affirmed.

"Are you certain we should trust that woman?" Eztein questioned, casting a glance at the intense battles unfolding in the sky.

"If this doesn't pan out, I'll take you on, Vashno," Franklin retorted.

"Don't fret; I've already informed Souta about that woman, and he suggested that if we had the time, we should investigate," Vashno explained.

"We? I'm afraid to say you've forcibly entangled me and this old man in your plan. It should be just you. Franklin and I should be on the front lines, fighting alongside the others," Eztein responded.

"Enough talk. Let's get inside," Vashno directed, taking out a small token from his pocket adorned with the Flaem Clan insignia.

"If the Flaem Clan Master discovers us, we're as good as dead. That woman can take down someone at the Five Shackles Realm, which clearly puts her among the top-tier experts. She's above fifth shackles and it put her on the level of top SSS-rank," Eztein cautioned.

"Don't fret. She won't kill you. Souta can handle her, so she'd think twice before attempting to harm us," Vashno reassured.

"Damn it! Can't you sense our boss's presence? He's currently locked in a fierce battle, and if we add to his troubles, we'll meet our end too!" Eztein raised his voice. "You don't understand because you're new! Our boss is ruthless! When I first met him, he nearly tortured me to death!"

"You're naive," Franklin chuckled. "That's because you fail to see how extraordinary our leader is. Unlike you, when I first encountered our leader, I decided to follow him because I had a hunch that he'd lead me into an unparalleled battle."

Vashno sighed as he listened to the bickering between the two. He questioned his decision to bring these two along. Nevertheless, he glanced at the token in his hand and pressed forward, ignoring their arguments.

Franklin and Eztein fell silent and followed Vashno into the barrier. Thanks to the token, they were granted access past the barrier surrounding the Flaem Clan's premises.

Vashno surveyed his surroundings. As anticipated, the place appeared barren, with most of the clan's soldiers engaged in frontline warfare. If there was ever an opportune time to infiltrate a master clan's territory, it was now.

While they made their way forward, Vashno contemplated the woman from the store who had given him the token. He understood that she was no ordinary person. He surmised that she might be using them for her own agenda. He'd agreed to her task, as he hadn't detected any hostility from her. Vashno also speculated that she was working on something for the country but preferred to remain concealed.

"Perhaps some form of exile..." Vashno mused silently.

Before long, they reached the vicinity of the Flaem Clan's central building, a grand and imposing palace.

"There are knights..." Eztein whispered in a voice meant for their ears alone.

"As expected... They haven't completely abandoned their territory. They've left some experts here to guard it," Vashno muttered.

Franklin squinted his eyes and remarked, "They look formidable, strong."

"So, are we going to do this? We can't get in without confronting them," Eztein inquired, directing his gaze at Vashno.