Chapter 924 Battle at the Selnes Country: Nine Yin

Souta opened his eyes and found himself in an unfamiliar place.

"What happened just now...?" he muttered, feeling a bit bewildered. The events had unfolded so quickly that he was struggling to make sense of them.

'I believe a new space opened up and engulfed everything within. It seems to be related to the Five Master Clans or one of the major factions. This move may have saved the people in the country from those fragmented worlds,' Saya explained to him.

"I see... So this place is the result of that space opening and merging all those fragments, right?" Souta inquired.

'That's my best guess, but there's no certainty,' Saya replied.

The sky was dark, and a vast forest surrounded him. Towering trees rose to heights of around thirty meters, nearly blotting out the sky above.

Souta raised his hand, sensing the fabric of space around him. "The space here seems a bit unstable," he observed. "It's a patchwork of tough and fragile areas, not evenly distributed."

He could feel that some parts of the space were more susceptible to disruption, while others remained unyielding. It was clear that this place had been created by mashing together various fragmented worlds, likely with several layers due to the peculiar formation he had witnessed earlier. It appeared to be the result of some unknown force unleashed during the recent events.

Souta ventured further into the forest, and after a few minutes, he sensed the presence of living beings nearby. He could feel the flow of their blood, indicating their vitality. He didn't dwell on counting their exact numbers; there were likely more than a hundred individuals.

As he approached, the scenery began to change. Tall structures rose to heights of about fifty meters, but the surroundings bore signs of desolation and decay. It seemed as though a catastrophe had befallen this place long ago, evident from the mold-covered walls and floors.

Souta continued to advance, though he didn't immediately spot any people in the area. However, he could sense their presence as they remained hidden in the abandoned buildings, observing him from a distance.

From this, Souta deduced that these individuals were likely locals from those fragmented worlds who had managed to survive the collapse of their worlds.

As he moved his gaze, he was able to see through the ordinary walls and directly into the people's auras, assessing their energy flow and the state of their mana pools.

Suddenly, he felt a presence approaching. When he turned his head, he recognized a familiar face. The figure had brown fur on his arms and neck, and blood still oozed from his wounds.

It was Li Guan from Primate Island.

Li Guan expressed his surprise, "Blood Lightning Monster, you're here?!"

Souta confirmed, "Yeah." He noticed Li Guan's battered appearance and could tell that he had sustained serious injuries. In his current condition, he likely wouldn't fare well against an opponent like Fendal, and dealing with someone as formidable as Boulder Jack would be an even greater challenge.

"You're with the Priestess of the Fist, right? What happened there?" Souta asked.

Li Guan provided some insight, "I don't know... The space was swallowed, and I just found myself in this place." He found a quiet spot and seated himself, taking a moment to recover. Glancing at the surrounding buildings, he asked, "What about those people?"

Souta pondered the situation, replying, "I haven't tested their strength yet. They're probably natives from the fragmented worlds that were drawn into this space."