Telling Him You're Pregnant

You lean on the door frame, looking into the empty room.

You and Louis have always had a spare room in your shared house which you and him mostly used for extra things that needed put away somewhere, a cluttered mess.

Since finding out that you're pregnant, you've decided to finally clean out the room of junk when Louis was at work, to start preparing to put a baby room in. You were meeting it a secret to begin with and claiming that you are fed up with the mess of the room, which you were.

As you remain in your reverie, staring into the empty room, you feel Louis arm wrap around the front of your right shoulder and sliding across to carefully pull you back to his jacket-covered chest, his hand resting on your left shoulder.

You hold onto his arm and look down to see a Louis tattoos peeking from the sleeve, you turn your body around to look at him more clearly, the slight stubble on his face covering the small smile that played onto his lips.

"How was work?" You ask wrapping your arms around his waist and leaning up a bit to kiss his cheek, "it was work" he shrugs chuckling while he now wraps both his arms around your shoulders, moving your hair back to get a clearer view of your face, adoring the bright expression that covered it.

"So I see you've finished cleaning out the room, what's next?" He asks while his eyes look about the empty room, yours stay fixed on him, taking in his every feature.

"Painting it, oh and while we're on the subject, what colour should the walls be? Pink or blue?" You ask, trying to hint towards your following words.

"Well uh I would prefer blue" he smiles slightly, still looking around the room in curiosity. "But what if it's a girl Louis?" You ask, arms squeezing his waist to grab his attention, causing him to look back down at you, you just smile widely at him.

Louis purses his lips and looks around the room, clearly not registering the message you're trying to tell him. He stares at the walls for a few seconds before slowly looking back down at you.

"Wait what?" He asks finally, confusion filling his features. "What if our child's a girl and not a boy" you say, "our child? we're- you're pregnant?" He asks, arms unraveling from your figure and taking a step away from you so he can process the news.

You nod and Louis bursts into the widest smile you've seen in a while, as he briefly covers his agape mouth in shock before he steps forward, gently places his hands on the side of your face before pulling you in for a slow but loving kiss.

He draws away but immediately pulls you into a long hug, "are you serious?" he says in disbelief, needing to hear you confirm it one more time.

You laugh and pull away before putting your arms on Louis' shoulders, his hands rest on your bent elbows, as you stare at one another, pride covering either expression and you see his eyes start to water.

"Louis" you coo, giggling as you lean in to kiss his cheek. "Ah I just can't believe we're having a child" he says as a few tears fall from his face, he quickly wipes them and you start to tear up as well. He was happy.