f o u r

Two weeks have gone by and the only thing that bugs my mind is what it be like when I'll have to live on my own

"Look, all you have to do is listen to me," Zoe says, pulling out a map and giving Cole directions.

"Zoe, where the fuck am I going?" He softly screams. Clearly, this idiot doesn't know where he's going. I'm not understanding why Zoe couldn't drive in the first place.

"Cole!" She screams his name," You fucking pathogen, follows the red lines. I'm trying to show you the correct way and you're like fucking being a pathogen."

"What is a pathogen?"

"YOU COLE, YOU!" I reply in an aggressive tone. I'm very close to losing my patience. We've been driving for hours back and forth because Cole doesn't know how to follow directions.

"Guys lets relax, the more we scream at him, the more of a pathogen he'll become. Pathogens multiply, let's not get Cole more upset before he ends up killing all of us," Anna says while pulling they the window.

"Anna, we've been driving for hours, we should be there already," I whined.

"When will you guys shut the fuck up?" Reef shouts out angrily with beef jerky in his mouth.

"I seriously can't wait to throw you in a fire when we reach the cabin," Zoe yells back at him.

"Guys, let's be civilized!" said Anna.

"No, I'm hungry, tired, and so bored right now; I feel like rolling my body over there."

"Be my guest!" Cole threatens, slamming his palm on the steering wheel.

"Can you turn left?" Zoe asks. Finally, Cole follows orders and actually drives the right way.

_____

"This is it?" Reef asks, sounding displeased. He steps out of the van and plops himself onto the grass underneath his military boots, staring at his surroundings like a lost pedestrian.

"Sorry, this isn't Disney On Ice!" Zoe says passing him by while rolling her eyes.

"We should've gone there instead!" He replies.

"Just grab a room and go to sleep!"

The cabin looks old and dusty. Tree bark is all over the place. The ecosystem smells like leaves and pinewood. The cabin used to belong to Zoe's grandparents, but they gave it to her as a graduation gift. She planned to have family time in it, but instead she wanted to spend time with us before we go our separate lives into college.

"It looks welcoming," Anna says, being passive aggressive.

The cabin scares me. I'm not into nature like Zoe is, but, putting aside my differences, I'd rather spend time with her than regretting I didn't.

"Thank you, at least someone is enjoying it," says Zoe, grabbing her duffle bag from the car and tossing it over her shoulder.

"Yeah, man," Anna says back.

"Looks like we'll have a splendid time here," adds Cole, stepping into a pile of tree bark.