f o u r t y - t h r e e

Slowly, college is making me lifeless. I'm getting flooded with assignments and homework. The past few months have been aggravating, but I was able to hold my head up and keep going strong.

I haven't seen Damon in a while mainly because he went on vacation and was out for a week.

During the time he was out, I've been hanging with Zoe and Rakim a lot so I wouldn't lose my mind.

I haven't spoken to Matthew in a few days either. I told him that I needed some time to myself to figure out what I'm going to do.

All I've been doing was trying to entertain myself to keep me occupied and not overwork myself with school.

I've made a few friends on campus. Some are cool and some are weird.
The college has taught me a lot by now. You meet the most influential people. The culture is diverse and the support system is out of this world.

That's nothing compared to high school. Everybody judges you in high school and the environment is wild like the zoo. College is wild too but a better wild with hot guys, girls, and interesting people.

My day was cut short. I skipped my statistics class to hang out by myself in the school's cafeteria. A moment all alone was all I needed but I was interrupted by my new friend, Edwin.

He's tall, has beautiful milky skin, and is the star player on the school's swimming team. I've actually been to his practices a few times. His skills are extraordinary. I'd say he's Michael Phelps's of our school's swimming team. He's been dubbed that a lot lately.

His athletic build always catches my eye. His body is so slender and smooth. His chest is big and broad. His lips are full and soft but I'm always staring at his cupid's bow. It's sharp and precise like a cosmetic surgeon performed on him.

His eyes are ocean blue and they are hooded. They are attractive as hell. Edwin always smells like the ocean like he lives there.

His fingers cross over each other. His sleeves are rolled up and his face is calm. I think he's bored and wants to bother me.

 I think he's bored and wants to bother me

(Laurin Krausz as Edwin)

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" He jokingly asks while giving me a childish side eye. He usually walks me to my statistics class. He's probably curious and wonders why I'm not in there. He's also into school and getting his education. Not graduating, dropping out, or whatever the excuse is, he's always aware that he doesn't surround himself around those crowds of people.

I am one of those people. I don't even know why he's still in contact with me.

"Shouldn't you be avoiding people like me?" I smile at him. The curves on the side of his mouth form a pout.

"Why would I avoid you?"

"You had a speech the other day about staying in school and when I told you I don't think I can handle it anymore you like. .kinda lost your shit, man."