f i f t y - t h r e e

Naz was pacing around my living room like sone kind of mad woman. I offered her a seat but she refused and continued to panic.

"Remember that guy I told you about? That weirdo fan of Audrey's?" Naz persists on showing me the mystery man's every location since she got a hold of him, probably an hour ago.

"How the hell did you even find him?" I said.

"...The internet. This guy always updates his facebook page. Social media is his life. It literally wasn't that hard. Although, I didn't think I would find him so soon," She said. "He lives in Williamsburg."

If there is any situation I'm trying to avoid it's this one because I still and don't want nothing to do with the Graham's, but if I don't at least show some dignity, Naza's vibe would never mix with mine ever again.

Apparently, she got access to his address and demanded that we needed to ask him a few questions. Luckily, he was twenty minutes away from where I live. Naz even insisted on driving there in her all black Mercedes Benz.

The neighborhood was quiet and deserted. It was almost twelve in the morning. Everyone was either in bed, sleeping, or whatever. When Naz and I headed out the car, I only heard our footsteps. Normally, Brooklyn isn't that quiet but maybe tonight is one of those nights.

Naz dashed over his front lawn and left boot prints on his freshly cut grass. This guy probably has the income of a surgeon. His lawn had mini lights all over, even outlining the driveway.

It seemed strange to me how a man who seemed to have everything from the outside would want to hurt someone. But then again, you never know.

We're just assuming he had something to do with Audrey's disappearance.

Naz knocked on his door aggressively like she knew he was home.

"What is this guy's name?" I asked. I was getting paranoid. I kept looking over my shoulder making sure that this scenario didn't end like a horror film.

Eventually, the lights flicker on and someone does open the door.

"Don?"

The man rubs his tired eyes. He looked at us awkwardly confused. His dark hair was messy, his pajamas are wrinkled, and he is surprisingly tall and pretty good looking. I am no man afraid to tell another man he looks good. He even caught Naz off guard, too. Her angry demeanor changed, but you can still feel the sassy energy she's putting out.

She pushed him in and I followed right behind her. I quickly shut the door.

Don raised his hand in forfeit. "Look, if you need money, I'll give it too you. Name your amount. I can give it to you right now."

Jesus Christ, his house was huge! Bigger than mine. Probably by a few square inches, though. Just saying. His house smells like sandalwoods and vanilla scented candles.

His aesthetic is very dreamy. All white everything, silver lamps, grey couches, African paintings and pieces. He has a way of catching the human eye.

"We're not here for your money, stupid."

Don furrowed his brows. "Where's Audrey and what have you done with her?" Naz interrogates him while he backs up into a chair and sits in it.

"Who?" Don says.

"Now you have Amnesia." She said.

I stepped in. "Audrey Graham, do you know her?" It seems my calm attitude got him to talk, unlike Naza's scary ass who makes everyone nervous.