s e v e n

The next morning, I dragged myself out of my room half asleep. I stepped out into the hallways of the cabin.

Again, there's no one in sight. Not even a shadow appeared on the wooden floors. This was weird. Am I casting in a horror film where everybody dies but the girl?

The environment was quiet and lonely.

Maybe everyone drove to the lake and forgot all about me.

"Guys?" I yelled, rubbing my eyes.

Feeling a sharp sting in my stomach, I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom.

Plopping my buttocks on the cold seat, a shadow appears in plain sight from the behind the curtains. Reef and Cole drown me in water shooting out of their water guns.

"Oh shit, I thought you were Zoe," he claims.

Falling into a deep panic, massive gas escapes my anus verbatim. They both stopped aiming their guns at me and looked at me in shock. I look back at them in embarrassment.

"GET OUT!"

"Smells like shit in here!" Cole hands me a small towelette from the towel bar.

"Your ass stinks! Let's move out!" Reef demands, giving Cole hand signs as if they're on an actual secret mission.

Out of nowhere, from behind the bathroom door, Anna and Zoe began charging their water guns at Cole and Reef. Of course, they have bad aim. Instead of aiming at them, they aim at me.

Again, I'm drenched in water, sitting on the toilet seat in the middle of a water fight.

"CAN I TAKE A SHIT IN PEACE. FUCK!"

______

Drying my hair while watching Anna get dressed, Zoe hands me the phone.

"Who is it?"

"Your dad."

"Yes?" I said excitedly into the phone.

"Hey, Jaide!" My dad said my name like he's never seen me in years. This is my first time being away from my parents. They've always kept me close, but somehow after graduation, I am able to do what I want when I want. So much for freedom, but I miss being punished for my dramatic rebellious acts I pulled over the years. I couldn't take no for an answer.

"How's your vacation going?"

"Never been better," I said while groaning at Anna and Zoe and thinking about what happened in the bathroom a couple minutes ago.

"I found the weed!" Reef bursts into my room, dangling the green substance in a ziplock bag in his hand. Zoe quickly pushes him out, aggressively slamming the door in his face.

"Reef what the fuck?" I whispered, clenching my jaw.

"You found what now?" my dad screamed on the line.

"Bee's, we found bee's in Zoe's. . ." I was trying to force myself to think of something to say. "We found bee's in Zoe's basement."

"Oh, for Christ sake, get them out of there!" Zoe and I pretended to scream like there were actual bee's flying around. She slapped her wrist, pretending to cry out in pain.

"Oh my God, it. . .it bit me. Ah!"

"Is she alright?" my father asked in a worried tone.

"Zoe, whatever you do, don't panic!" I warned holding onto Zoe's arm.

Anna quickly joined in, pretending to be stung too.

"Ahh, get it out, get it out!" Anna yelled. She actually looks like she was bitten by one. She's pretty dramatic even when she's not pretending. I was starting to believe her.

"Shoot!" I grabbed some old candy wraps from the corner of the dresser and pressed it against the edge of the phone.

"Dad-you-are-bre-a-king-up. . . Anna-watch-out!"

I hung up the phone, looking at Anna and Zoe in relief.

"Let's do it again," Anna said.

"That was close."

"Who the hell invited this ass-wipe on this trip?" I asked, looking at both Anna and Zoe with an angry expression.

"I don't even know," Zoe said, walking away tiredly. "Let's head to the lake before it gets dark."

____

We drove to the lake holding our swimming gear in our hand. The area was deserted. From a distance, you can see a house across the lake staring back at us. If we ever had trouble, we can swim across for help.

The boys already had on their swimming shorts. They hopped in first, splashing water on us.

The rest of us headed behind the bushes to change. We were already in a rush, so we came as fast as we could before the sun sets.

"Reef, did you get the water guns?"

"Yeah," he yells, trying to keep his head above water, "they're in the backseat."

Cole buries his head under water.

"You coming?" Zoe yells at me while running towards the boys.

"Yea, let me take a picture real quick." I pull out my phone from my bag and took a snapshot of the scene in front of my eyes. Anna crawled on top of Cole's shoulder, throwing up the peace sign. Zoe crawled on top of Reef's shoulder, doing the same pose as Anna.

"Say 'forever young!'" They obeyed me, shouting the phrase at the top of their lungs.

"COME IN, FREAK!" Reef shouted as I threw my phone into the bag and tossed it to the backseat of the car.

"THE BEAST HAS ARRIVED!" I jumped into the lake, holding my nose and imagining myself falling into heaven.