t w e n t y - n i n e

(Jaide)

"Excuse me?" He says while he puts the folder down. He adjusted the cuffs of his suit and clenched his jaw.

"You look really familiar." I added trying to distract the class.

"We've probably met before." He replies with a blank face. What happened to him?

He...changed...like a lot. Whatever, asshole.

"We probably have." I laugh it off awkwardly grabbing onto Zoe's hand without even noticing.

I turned to her and gave her the cry for help look.

"Bathroom, now!" I demanded. Zoe was lost for words but confused as fuck. I can't believe she didn't catch on. This is the man I've been fucking all summer long.

"Jaide, you're hurting me." Zoe's trying to fight my grip off of her hand.

"Jaide is it?" I nod like a fucking idiot pretending he and I are total strangers. We are not fucking strangers. He fucked the living shit out of me in ninety degree weather. I should not be treated like a stranger!

"I remember now, yeah we talked during Orientation." He's such a liar but he was pretty convincing.

"Okay, Jaide, I'm professor Grey. I'd really appreciate it if you'd use proper vocabulary in my room," Please. "And if you'd like to share something on your mind please express your thoughts in a professional manner." For the love of God, Damon, fuck off!

"Excuse us." I said. He approved and told everyone to focus on him.

Eyes were all on me again. I pulled Zoe from her seat and dragged her into the hallway. Other students were looking at us awkwardly. This literally felt like high school all over again.

"Jaide, what the fuck is going on?!" Zoe softly yells in an undertone trying not to grab attention towards us from the staff.

"It's him. I fucked my professor!"

____

After ditching the entire class period, I thought a private conversation with Damon would make things much easier.

Damon power walks through the parking lot.

I ran after him bumping into random strangers walking in my way. He walks like as if he was on a runway. He looked like an elite who's going to shape-shift into another living species.

The only resemblance, he looks like a spit image of Malcolm X.

"Damon wait," I yell at him. He was walking a little too fast for my pace. "Are you seriously going to act like I don't exist?!," he turned around to look at me. His eyes flickered from the ground and glided their way to me like slime. "Just—don't ignore me, okay."

"Ignore you?" He asked.

"Yes! You acted like you didn't know me in there."

"Jaide, what was I supposed to do?"

"I don't know."

"Why do I matter to you all of a sudden? You cut me off, remember?"

"Not really." I said. "Dude, why wouldn't you matter to me?" I reply.

"Jaide, what do you want from me?" he asked looking like he's had enough of me.

I couldn't take him serious. A laugh escaped my lungs but I quickly controlled myself and covered my mouth before I can show any signs of immaturity.