t w e l v e

Sherise Cromwell as Nora Alison Grey

(Damon Grey)

The next couple of days Nora, my favorite cousin, has been begging me to come to hang out with her.

I don't mind spending time with her but sometimes she can make things a little less exciting.

In the middle of paperwork, my door opens and a scratching sound traveled like an echo. Ready to tame the beast that bursts into my home, standing with her hands on her hips wearing a skin tight red dress, Nora and I locked eyes for a brief moment when her smile slowly faded, her eyes narrowed down to my shirt.

"What are you doing?"

"Work. What does it look like?" I reply with sarcasm. She comes over and snatches my pen out of my hand."Nora, what the hell?"

"I told you, you and I are going out tonight. I'm sorry, is your little girlfriend the man of the house and doesn't allow anyone to leave?"

"Haha very funny and no she's not here and she's not my girlfriend anymore."

"That's really hard to believe."

"Why?"

"You're so...so soft and she's satan herself. You can do much better."

I giggle at her interpretation of Audrey. She's right, I can do better. Until I find better, I'm just using Audrey for the moment.

"Damon what are you waiting for?" right behind her, a tall shadow appears over her shoulder. Frightened, but I stop at a halt when the man is more visible and clear. He wraps his arm around Nora's neck.

"Kurt?" he picks his head up and nods.

(Corey Baptiste as Kurt Warren Thompson)

"Damon Alexander fucking Grey!" he yells holding a beer bottle in his hand pointing at me with his pinkie finger at the same time. "Man how long has it been?"

"We went to the movies a week ago." I said.

"Oh, yeah." Kurt must have left his brain at the movies. Nora pushes him off and he falls into a chair.

Kurt has been a family friend since birth. We used to be close together but when he moved to New Jersey, we fell off. He's done nothing but try to communicate with us again like old times.

"Let's get our groove on." he shouts as he gets up to walk out the door.

"I swear." Nora mumbles.

"You did not mention another body traveling beside us." I said.

"He's the one who told me about the party."

"What did he do? Did he bully you into it? You let a twenty-year old do that to you?" I quipped.

"Not really bully me but just informed me...a lot," she hides her smile behind her lips. "Hurry up. I'll be waiting in the car with Kurt while you get dressed. Make it fast. Chop chop."

____

Nora, Kurt, and I walk into the party. It was crowded. Innumerable bodies everywhere. Faces seemed familiar and others seemed emotionless. Everyone looked older than their age. At least I hope so. People were dancing, talking, and grinding. I haven't seen anything like this in so long.

It felt good being away from home and out into the universe. I felt one with the moon. Thirty minutes had passed by when we arrived. Nora was still dancing next to me and Kurt was too busy checking the women out.

"I love parties like these?" said Kurt.

"Why?" I ask.

"Fresh meat. Eighteen-year-old virgins and then there's me, who wants a piece. " My eyes widened. The thought of Kurt's disturbing plan to get young girls in bed with him made me think twice about his character.

"Excuse me? How old?"

"18!"

"That's too young."

"Not in my eyes. Plus, they're legal so I have nothing to worry about."

"Damon, aren't you twenty-four or twenty-five?" asked Nora.

"Nora, I just turned twenty-six," I jokingly rolled my eyes at her. "Eighteen, I'm not trying to party with eighteen-year-olds."

"There are much older women here too Damon. Eighteen-year-olds are easier to manipulate and to get in bed."

"You're sick." I say.

"Whatever you say."

"You'll reach my age one day and regret it."

"Are you kidding me?" Kurt laughs uncontrollably.

"You've never done a thing Kurt is doing." Nora interrupts.

"Yes, I have. I used to be a jerk too."

"No, I think you're confusing yourself with your girlfriend." Kurt laughed and toasted to Nora.

"Audrey is not my girlfriend. We broke up and that's final."

"I've got my eyes on a youngin'," Kurt says without a care.

"How do you know specifically that she's young?" I asked him.

"I can smell it, feel it. This is the shit that I live for," he says walking away from us as he wraps his arm around the neck a beautiful female.

"He reminds me of me at that age," I said watching Nora almost spit out her drink as she turns me. She swallows and then laughs internally.

"Damon, shut up."

"What?"

"You were never a player. You were always petrified of breaking a girl's heart."

"Not true."

"Okay, if you're such a player then, why don't you take one home tonight."

"I don't do those thotty things."

"Punk!"

"Never."

"Whatever you say," she finishes the rest of her drink."What about her?" she points a finger at a short blonde.

"Too Blonde."

"Her?" she points at another who looked tall enough to be part of the Amazon warriors of ancient history.

"Too tall." she continues this pattern pointing at specific females who I didn't find interesting until her finger stops moving and points at a beautiful brunette with long curly hair giggling with her friends. She took my breath away from a distance. It felt like I've known her all my life. All it took was one gleam in her eyes, immediately I wanted to know who she is.

"I see you have a type," Nora says fixing her dress.

"What's my type?"

"Average height, brown eyes, brunette hair, and cute."

"Good try."

"Go talk to her."

"She's having a great time with her friends. Don't you see her smiling and laughing with her friends? She doesn't want to talk to someone like me. C'mon Nora."

"Have fun will you. Go and talk to her. While you do that, I'll be over there staying away from you and creepy Kurt."