f i f t y - f i v e

The next day I went to Matt's apartment to make sure everything between us is ok. Not really!

I'm just looking for a reason to see him again. I felt bad for hurting his feelings and on top of that our awkward run-in in Walgreens.

I had hoped he wasn't home just so I could get a bit of relief but for some odd reason a part of me wanted him back.

Although I'm crazy about Damon, I'm having a hard time letting go of my past. I clenched my fists tightly by my sides, biting my lips nervously hoping that this goes by faster.

The door opened slowly and a figure appeared behind the door. The young girl appeared to look my age—probably a college freshman like I am, showed off her big bright smile and long flowing kinky curly fine jet black hair. She was wearing one of his shirts and a pair of his navy blue Tommy Hilfiger boxers. Might I add they clinged on tight to her body. Jesus, she looked curvy and fabulous. She's pretty and looks like a charming person. I had no idea Matt liked a bit of chocolate in his vanilla ice cream.

She reached out to shake my hand. I had nothing against her so I accepted.

"Hey..." I said slowly. "Is Matthew...here?"

"Uh, he left a few hours ago. Are you a friend?" She replied.

"Yea, I hope," I giggled awkwardly. "Where'd he go?"

"Something about a meeting. I wasn't listening really," She laughed. "He should be back soon. What's your name?"

"Jaide."

"I'm Léaa. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, same." I looked at her she looked at me. "I hope you don't mind me asking but are you his girlfriend?" She gave a displeased facial expression as if the thought of her and Matthew being together was something sinister.

"Oh no, I'm his graphic designer." She said in forfeit. "We're super close in a professional kind of way. I come by and help him sometimes."

Oh, then why are you wearing his boxers? There's something that unexpectedly had had to happen for her to be in his clothing. But then again, she could be telling the truth.

"How long has he been in New York?" For some reason, I didn't believe Matt when he said he came back home to visit his grandmother. I could tell he was bullshitting.

"He's been here for two years now, why?"
So he lied to me. Okay! Her eyes oogled the environment before meeting mine again.

Then out of nowhere she gasped. "Oh shit, Jaide, I remember your name."

Okay...

"Yeah, he talks about you a lot. He always tells me you're his dream girl. Oh man, I'm saying too much." She jokingly covers her mouth.

"No, you're not." I said. "What else did he say about me?"

"Well, not really that much but he does wish he married you already."

I, Jaide Abrianna? A wife?

"Really?"

"Yeah, I know that man is in love with you. Why'd you guys break up in the first place?"

"...I-" I was politely cut off.

"You don't need to explain. Shit happens. I've been there before." She stepped aside. "Do you want to come in?"

"Uh, no thanks. I'm actually suppose to be somewhere right now."

"Girl, I ain't gonna kill ya. Come in, let's chat, have a drink. I've been working all day. I need a distraction." She lures me in.