T r y / E f f o r t l e s s

The next morning, Matthew had breakfast with my parents. Literally, the three of them eating waffles, pancakes, and eggs talking about his life. Why are they desperately asking him personal questions? I swear, if he stays here any longer, he'll end up being adopted.

I rushed him so that we can leave. We went back to my apartment. None was home when we came. Matthew was already pinning himself on me. I wasn't feeling it so I pushed him away.

"What did I do?"  He says casually while heading towards the couch.

"Too early." I came up with an excuse. Suddenly, I was getting a weird vibe from him. Nothing was the same like it was before. His attitude towards me became jerkish on our way back.

"Dinner with your parents was great." He leans forward and rests his elbows on his knees.

"Yep, we know," I said sarcastically. He noticed that my sort-of-bitchy attitude was present.

"Okay, I did something wrong." He gets up and walks up to me. He cups my face."Talk to me." He kissed me on the forehead. Another on my cheek and saved the best for last on my lips.

"Nothing," I replied. I lied to him. Something is bothering me and it's him. It's my feelings for Matt and it's...going away. I don't know what happened to me overnight but the way I feel about him doesn't matter to me anymore. In fact, this morning, hearing his voice grinds my gears. It doesn't feel right treating Damon like this behind his back. After meeting his parents it shows me that he's willing to break barriers with me and he doesn't care what people think. He's serious about us so I shouldn't take this for a joke.

"Jay, my phone is dead. I need to make an important call. Can I use your phone?" I gave him my cell phone with no hesitation.

I headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner for later.

The next few hours, Matt was completely silent. He didn't look at me. Nothing. It was like being with a ghost.

"Are you okay?" I ask. "Was it your manager that said something you didn't like?" I assumed the important call was to contact his manager.

"I think I should go." He says with an attitude. "I have things to do." He got up with an unusual gesture.

" I thought you wanted to stay for dinner?" I rushed out of the kitchen balancing the pot between my waist line and my arm smashing the mashed potatoes.

"I'm good."

"What's wrong?" I ran after him before he opened the door.

"Who is this guy?" He held my cellphone in his hand, showing me an image of Damon and I kissing.

"Matt, what the hell? You looked through my stuff?" I snatched my phone from him.