f i f t y

Sorry for the long hiatus. Please don't hate me lol

The next morning Jaide had left to handle her own business. Things seem to be falling into place the way I've always wanted it them to be. Randomly, at eleven am in the morning, someone mysteriously knocked on my door.

I head toward it and surprisingly there is a police officer and a detective looking at me like some kind of wicked suspect. The detective is a good looking male with curly hair, youthful skin, a badge, and gun exposed in plain sight to scare the fuck outta me.

I didn't say a word until they greeted me. The detective said hello and politely brushed his army green trench coat over his gun.

I smirked crossing my arms.

"How can I help you?" I asked.

"Well," he responds while taking a moment to observe me. "A woman is missing and we assume you may know where she is."

I looked at them curiously trying to keep my eyes wide open. He then takes the photo from the officer and shows it to me.

"Have you seen Audrey Graham or perhaps know where she is or what happened to her?" He said. I looked at the name on his badge.

"Detective Jameson is it?" He nodded yes. "I haven't seen her in months, maybe weeks. To be honest with you, it feels like a year because this is the longest I haven't seen her."

"Hm. According to her sister, she said you were the last person she was seen with."

"I mean yeah, she came and got her stuff and practically left me." I said.

"Excuse me Mr. Grey, but you don't seem shocked at all by her disappearance."

"Believe me I am. I just don't understand why she would be missing, I mean, Audrey always found her way home. If she wasn't with me she's working or at home."

Honestly, I'm not shocked at all. Audrey was a bit bratty and kind of mean in a professional way towards people and I always told her about her attitude getting her in trouble. It seems like karma caught up to her.

The chubby officer writes down exactly what I say.

"How long has she been gone?" I ask.

"Almost a month. Her sister said it's unlike her to vanish without saying anything."

I cleared my eyes with my hands. The officers kindly dismissed me and told me if I hear or see anything suspicious to contact them immediately.

I admit, I had forgotten about Audrey and her crazy self. The thought of her being missing never crossed my mind until now of course since the police has brought it to my attention. I do not care! I wish I had some weak spot like I used to but I'm no longer tied to her and her foolish games.

Im not the same person I was when I was with her.
That woman put me through so much heartache and misery I thought I'd never be happy.

I hope they find her but she's the least of my worries now.

Later that night, I've been trying to contact Nora since the wedding and she completely shut me out. She's been acting weird and off balance like something knocked her off her narrow little feet.

I called her again but out of nowhere I got a knock. Surprisingly it was Nazanin Graham, Audrey's older sister. They dressed like each other but Nazanin was more thick and curvier with more sass and fierceness that with the two of them together it's like an atomic bomb.

Naza grabbed me by the collar with force, pushing her way in.

"What did you do to my sister you moron?" She yelled before kicking the door shut. Woah! She caught me off guard. I haven't seen her since like, what, September of last year.