f o u r t y - f i v e

The next morning I woke up by his side smiling. He was facing me, eyes closed, peacefully asleep as the sun cascades on his striking face.

He was deep in sleep. I can tell. He hasn't moved at all. He just layed on his side dreaming and breathing.

-----

A couple of months later nothing changed. It's been quite the same. I'm still with Damon, Zoe's in a happy relationship with Rakim, and as always my parents have no clue about Damon and I. I hate keeping it a secret because I know how much my mom hates when I keep them from her.

The last thing I need right now is someone yelling at me.

I'm turning twenty next year. I'm getting to old for this.

And if you're wondering, I still haven't spoken to Matthew since he left. I actually checked my Facebook account after our little fight and he was nowhere. I mean nowhere. He probably deleted his page or as petty as he is, probably unfriended me then blocked me but I doubt that since he went this far to come back for me.

I don't care if he doesn't. I'm worried about Damon and I and we're taking things slow just they way we want.

"You're daydreaming." Rakim whispers while reaching for a piece of my burger.
I slap his hand and he winces like a child.

By this time he and I have actually become good friends. I know his likes and dislikes. He's slept over before. His favorite cartoon is The Boondocks. His spirit animal is a mother fucking dragon and he loves fashion and making music. It's all he's into. He plans to open up his own clothing line. He's that serious.

"I don't play when it comes to my food." I warn him with a grin. Zoe laughs at the both of us with her hands covering her mouth.

"Ya'll annoying." She says offering Rakim some of her fries.

"So like how are you and Damon?" I look at her with wide eyes.

"Oh, you got a boyfriend?" Rakim asks smiling as his grills blind me to death.

Rakim does not know I'm dating our professor. I don't mind if he knew but it'll be best if I keep it between my best friend and I.

I got lost in the FiveGuys tag on an employee's shirt. His name is Carter. Save me Carter.

"When imma see 'em?" He asks again staring at me with a smirk.

"I don't have a boyfriend..." I say through my teeth.

"Yeah, ok. Since you don't my boy Zay wanna talk to you." He adds sipping his sprite. Zoe slaps his arm.

"Oh my God. I knew he liked her." She annexed chewing on her food recklessly.

I looked at the both of them bewildered. I have no idea who this 'Zay' is. I'm sorry?

"...Who?"

"Zay. C'mon you met him. Always got a hat on. Tall somewhat skinny. He's lightskin and got a rose tatted on his forehand. He has grills like me. Let my son be wit' you." Rakim says while wiping the side of his mouth.

Umm...
Then Zoe looked at me and said a couple words that would've came out my mouth if she didn't beat me to it.

"Zay is not her type, baby."

Ahh, she knows me so well.

"Whatchu' mean? My son pretty." He said.

"Yeah, um not my type. That's cool or whatever but I'm not going to waste his time."

"Just because he looks like somebody you don't fuck wit' don't mean he won't make you happy." He insists.

"Rakim, stop stalking." Said Zoe.