t w e n t y - s e v e n

(Damon)

I wasn't mad at her for leaving me like that. It's a phase and she'll get over it but I can't believe she thinks I was the one who threatened to kill her mom, yet alone threaten her. I would never do that to someone. As a matter of fact, if someone did that do to me, it's going to be world war freaking five.

But my heart slowly ripped out because I wanted to get closer and possibly make her my girlfriend if she wished to accept. I shouldn't bring it up anyway because of her current situation going on in her personal life. I feel like it's going to take awhile for things to cool down.

And just like that, she never came back. I even waited, hoping that she'd change her mind and come back.

I like Jaide, I really do. She may be too young for me but it feels just right. She makes me feel different. She brings happiness right out of me.
Something I haven't felt in a long time.

I've had enough of the silent treatment. I sent her a couple texts but she didn't respond. Not even the ones I sent calling her baby girl.

She likes it when I call her baby girl. It makes her feel five-years-old again. A time in her life when she experienced the happiest moments in her life. Her parent's wedding.

My brother constantly kept calling my name hoping he'd hear a word out of me.

Sucked right out of the thoughts in my head, he frightened me, almost yelling at the top of his lungs.

"Damon, what's the matter with you?"
He asked. The second the question danced in my ear, I was immediately struck with curiousness. What did he want and how did he end up in my living room?

My brother's eyes looked tired. He seemed less energetic. I could tell that his wedding arrangements is stressing him out. The only thing keeping him from collapsing to sleep on my sofa is the glass of wine in his hand.

"Nothing, I was caught in a daze." He brushed it off anyway and proceeds to make the conversation about him.

"I get married in a few months," I looked at how full his glass of wine was. It was filled to the top. "Just the other day your big bro was out here chasing ass. . .now he's settling down. I can no longer fuck anybody I want."

"Damien, why are you marrying Caitlyn then?" I was very aware of my brother's response. Either he'd like to ignore me or rant about how much he's head over heels with his fiancée.

"I love Caitlyn, I really do, but I'm going to miss my playboy days you know, that's all I'm sayin'."

"Marry Caitlyn and be a playboy to her, only her. Don't break her heart because I do believe she's the one for you." I reply praying that my words remain stuck in his stubborn head. He smiles at his cup of wine and stares at it like he was looking for something to pop out.

"I love her man and I want her to have my kids."

Caitlyn was a family friend. She had moved away from our old neighborhood back in the early two-thousands after her father found a new job. She was very close to Damien, closer than she was to me. I always believed they'd meet again and hook up. Little did I know they met a little more than six years ago at the time I started dating Audrey.

"How do you do it?" He asked.

"Do what?"

"Live with yourself—I mean, like your life has been one big ass six flags roller coaster."

"Yeah, well, I don't know."

"Glad I don't have your life, you look pissed." He said.

Moments go by and the conversation about Caitlyn comes back up. He was hiding their relationship from me until he joked about dating our old neighbor one time at my parent's house enjoying during the Christmas holiday. I knew he wasn't joking about it. But my parents ignored it and laughed.