s i x

(Kiko Mizuhara as Anna Mansonhing)

"Where's Reef?" Asked Anna, desperately rushing us outside to sit around the campfire.

"I don't know, he was upstairs," Cole replies, waving his hands around annoyingly.

"Don't worry about me, I was just taking a shit!" Reef steps out of the bathroom spraying air freshener.

"Didn't ask all that, but... okay," Anna says in disgust.

"I don't know what Cole put in the food this morning, but I've been to the bathroom three times today. Never again!"

"I don't care; just get to the yard already!" Anna bellows on her way to the door.

____

We gathered around the campfire staring blankly at each other.

"So you rushed me out here so we can do this?" Reef asks out of frustration. We've been staring at each other like locked prisoners in a cell with nothing to do. We couldn't even spark up a conversation. Anna wanted us to listen to the night.

"It's called relaxation!" Anna replies squinting her eyes. I can tell Reef was getting on her last nerve.

"No, it's called retardation, and I need to take a shit again." He discloses.

"Reef, cooperate, will you?" Anna yells at him. She looks furious that it looked like she wanted to punch the air out of his lungs. "Ever since we got here you all have been nothing but a pain in my ass!"

"All?" Zoe furrows her brows.

"Yes, you all. You guys have been acting like animals ever since we departed from home to spend some time together. We need to relax," Anna takes in deep breaths, calming herself down. "Now, if you'll just close your eyes and let the power of mother nature repair your broken souls."

We all looked at her like she's lost her rabbit-ass mind.

"My soul ain't broken, baby," Zoe said.

"Not really into mother nature, but I can handle it," Cole interrupts.

"Cole, please stop talking when we don't ask!"

"Just saying."

__

"Now this activity is called 'relax your brains and listen to the music of the night.'" Anna proposes her calming agenda.

"Oh my God, The Phantom of the Opera is my shit!" Reef's echo was so loud; I'm convinced the wolves in the woods heard his squeaking voice expand through the atmosphere. He gasped and got way too excited.

"That's it, I've had enough!" Anna says, throwing a fit.

"Alright, everybody chills out! What kind of vacation is this? We're not even respecting each other. Can we all listen and have fun for one night without being so childish?" asks Zoe, looking at us like she's mourning.

"Yes, please!" I agreed.

"Are guys going to take this seriously as I asked?" Anna steps back into the circle, looking like an evil witch-burning in a fire.

"Yes, we will now move along with whatever you have planned," I said.

"Okay, let's start with some stories!"

"Why? That is so wack. Why not some truth or dare and push Zoe in the lake?" Asked Reef.

"If you ever lay your hands on me tonight you will never see daylight, my friend!" Zoe threatens.

"Why don't I kill you all and feed you to the dogs," Anna murmured.

"You seem very angry," Cole calls out.

"Is anybody else concerned because that's not...normal?" Reef said while looking around.

"I am angry Cole!"

"Hey, Zoe, you said something?" Cole immediately ignored Anna to avoid any affairs that might end in a fight between them.

Pure love, I like it.

"Okay, let's be serious before Anna runs to hide and cry," Zoe quipped.

"I swear I don't even know what planet I'm on anymore." There was silence. Absolutely nobody until...

"You know what, I'm gonna say it. Earth!" Cole replies.

Anna throws a bucket of water over the campfire. Immediately, we were left in silence as Anna stormed back into the cabin without forethought.

We stared at each other back and forth when it took us all a minute to realize what just happened.

"Crickets...they're very talented!" Says Cole.

"Should I run after her?" Asks Zoe.

"Go after her, Zo, while I just clean this up," I said.

"Need help?" Reef asks, getting up from his log.

"Sure, just get the marshmallows and chocolate over by Zoe's tent."

"I'll just join you two." Cole joined in, putting everything else back in its container.

"Guys, Anna's pissed! See what you guys did?!" Zoe yells from the window of Anna's room.