t h i r t y

The next day I spent most of my time at Zoe's apartment. We've decided to move in together because we thought it would be better for us.

I was closer to school and didn't have to take long trips just to get to class. I'd rather live with Zoe than deal with my parents.

Liza had left to do her own thing, which I'm proud of her for doing. She's actually starting to believe in herself and chase her dreams.

My mother was enjoying life more than she was before because she realized life is too short and she wants our family to spend as much time together.

What a summer that was. However, it is still summer. Soon, September weather will be rising in the air. Leafs will be changing color. Mahogany, olive, and burgundy colors will bring autumn alive.

The best part...

October follows right after its paths like shadow people. Scary movies, ghosts and Halloween. Trick or Treat!

The temperature will drop to fifty-five degrees. I'm not even sure it could be fifty-five degrees in October anymore because the past two years was just a weird balance in nature. I was spending my Christmas break in seventy degree weather...in New York City. Let that sink in.

Maybe this year it'll be eighty-five degrees on Christmas. Ah, even better!

Not even. What happened to chilly nights under the mistletoe in your Grandma's handmade ugly Christmas sweater? I damn sure don't want to be in a crop top.

And then, BOOM! Holiday cheer. It's the most wonderful time of the year. And movies like Polar Express play on television.

That's what I want, when Christmas comes. . .to town. . .Presents for the children wrapped in red and green.

I highly believe I'm not even singing it in chronological order.

Ugh, summer move out already you hot slut!

"It's official, you are now a DELTA!" Zoe crashes into my arms for a hug.

"We're not even in a sorority house, haha." I respond feeling highly confused but quickly noticed she was just being sarcastic like she always is.

"We can pretend," She replies shoving my mallet under my bed."Would so love to share a room but I like my privacy so I hope you aren't scared of the dark."

I foolishly nod my head at Zoe's remarks.

"So like, you fucked our professor. . .?" Zoe brings up the topic once more after we've already discussed this.

"I mean, were you listening to a thing I said?"

"Oh, I did. My life just got interesting and so did yours."

"May the Lord be with you."

"I never thought of you doing such thing, though. You're so innocent you know. But now I know you're not," she shoves me and I shove her back. "I'm not jugding, I just never expected that to happen to you. Dang, life is full of suprises." She shoves me again. We playfully shove each other until we fell on my bed.

 We playfully shove each other until we fell on my bed