f i f t y - o n e

Important Notice: Okayyyers. Please bear with me in this chapter and the next ones after that😂 I may not know how all these fbi thingy magingy works but just follow the script mk😭❤️
____

" 'Watch your back', 'Damon is not yours', 'I've been watching you while you sleep - U'." I read aloud the texts making sure what I was reading was accurate.

"Yes, you have a stalker."

"Who the fuck is U?" I ask looking for more screenshot evidence through Naza's camera roll.

"Don't scroll too far." She warned.

"Did she try to trace the IP address before?" I ask.

"Dre said she had someone look into it but its off the grid." She replied.

"Show me the original text messages." I demanded. Naza showed me a whirlwind of flooded screenshots sent from Audrey having a conversation with 'U'. Every time Audrey replied there was no answer just daily updates of pictures and subliminal messages and wicked emails. I can see why this would turn Audrey away, I mean she was getting threats left to right. If she had left unannounced, she had a reason.

However, it worked.

"And you didn't go to the police while this was going on?"

"She's pretty well known you know. You should know, you dated her. She didn't want exposure. Plus, she thought it was some silly hacker game. She didn't take it seriously like I warned her but she completely debunked it."

"And it caught up with her, Naza." I said. She sighed and took a deep breath. "Why didn't you give this to the detective?"

"He said it was useless. Sure they can track Audrey's phone but that led to nowhere. Dead ends, man! I keep getting dead ends." She walked in circles with her hands on her hips. "They're just screenshots."

"This is crazy." I proposed.

"I put two and two together when I realized she didn't show up. I even called her office multiple times and the staff said the same thing over and over again claiming she never came in."

I studied the writing style and format of the texts from 'U'.

"Ill have my guy look into this. Can you give me your phone?" Her posture straightened up. She looked up at me and pushed her hair back.

"Well, yeah, why?" She asked.

"I'm going over to him right now to see what he can do." I said grabbing my keys and leather jacket. She told me to stop what I was doing.

"Wait, can I come with you?" I told her it wasn't necessary but she came anyway.

We drove in my car on the way there. It feels like Audrey is here with me with the presence of her sister. What creeped me out were the texts with my name in them. I couldn't think of a reason why I was involved in some big mystery.

Honestly I didn't do anything so this big puzzle wasn't making any sense.

Someone out there was probably jealous of my relationship with Audrey and created a big ass teen thriller to keep us on our toes.

We reached the office of my PI guy. He didn't live far from me so we got there pretty quickly. He lived in one of those secret doors in an alleyway. Naza was creeped out talking about how the setting made her uneasy and repeatedly asked if I knew where I am.