f o u r t y - n i n e

Damon

My brother clumsily knocks his glass onto mine while laughing with his friends. They're my friends too, but they're mostly associates.

I know who they are but they aren't my type of crowd unless my brother's here to make the atmosphere enthralling.

"Man, I said the same thing." Damien said joining Ryan's interesting conversation.

Ryan and my brother are kind of alike. The only difference is that my brother is a Lawyer---a rookie, and Ryan is an accountant. A few of Damien's other associates have similar government jobs.

They dressed alike too. Baby Blue blouse, navy suit, and a black tie. The females wore something more extravagant. Either there was a slit on the skirt or the length was a few inches above of the knee.

They loved Ryan, though. A lot. Every little joke or whatever came out of his mouth they laughed or something. They love my brother too but not as much as Ryan. His personality is too charismatic. It overpowers Damien's.

I don't think Damien cares for his female friends attention. He's getting married to the love of his life anyway.

"My sweet Damon." Said Aurora Vandertunt, one of the female friends and my brother's co-worker. Her hands slid down my arm and she held on.

"Rora, love." I replied accepting her kindness rooming it's way in my personal space.

"Your brother is so funny."

"He gets that a lot."

"But you're so quiet. Why?" She laughs.

"I'm not goofy like he is. I'm pretty serious. I'm funny when I want to be." I stated boldly. She cleared her throat. I politely declined her ability to flirt with me. Don't get me wrong, Rora is a beautiful woman but I wasn't up for interacting with her. I didn't want to lead her on and make her think that I want to get to know her inner freak. That be great, but I'm not really like that. Well, sometimes.

"Well, okay. It's late..."

"Very well aware. We're in my house so..." I respond.

"I'm gonna get some cheese squares." She walked away awkwardly.

My brother noticed that I turned her down. He looked back at her trying to get her to come back.

"When I actually bring female friends, you act like you're allergic."

"Not in the mood."

"I'm trying to get you laid."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you need to get over your supermodel ex-girlfriend and loosen up."

"Girlfriend."

"Huh?"

"I have a girlfriend."

"Yeah, ok. I'll tell Aurora you're having a bad day. She'll understand." He pats me on the back.

"I have a girlfriend." I stated aggressively before eyeing him down.

"Oh, well, my bad." He gave up and headed towards his friends.

The little get together ended quicker than I thought. I practically scared Aurora away. She was occupying the others while keeping her distance from me. I could've easily kicked her out but that be cruel. Besides, she didn't really do anything mean. She was just trying to create a conversation.

Damien stayed to help clean up.

"How'd you move on so fast?"

"Did I?"

Shh, Just Kiss Me (18+)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें