t h i r t y - f i v e

Zoe jumps on my bed without warning. My laptop moves to the side.

"Hey, Jaide bug." She fumbles her way under my sheets, popping skittles in her mouth. "Whatcha' doing this time of night?"

"Writing my essay."

"For?"
"Psycho class."

"Why so early? You got all week."

She made me lose my train of thought on my third paragraph about Maslow's Theory.

"Prioritizing. You should try it, too."

We were silent for a couple of minutes. She was giving me creepy ass side glances.

"What?"

"You're glowing, man." She adds. I laugh oddly at her. She laughs with me too but it suddenly stops when she brings up you know who.

"I know he's our professor and all but don't you think this is going a little too far?" I sat up. I turned down the brightness on my laptop screen.

"What do you mean?"

"Aren't you afraid of getting caught?" She stopped popping skittles in her mouth.

"No."

"How old is Professor Grey anyway?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Jaide, it's just a question."

"He's twenty-six." She closed my laptop for me. I looked at her uttered and confused. Are we going to have girl talk?

"He's what?"

"Twe-" she cuts me off.

"I heard you. Jaide, are you nuts?"

"It's really not that big of a deal."

"Bruh, that's pushing thirty. Before you know it, he'll want a family, trap you in marriage, you'll have children by the time you're twenty-three, and I can't do crazy shit with you anymore." She confesses as she sits up. Where is this all coming from? She was cool with this like ice on top of ice.

"Zo, what are you talking about?"

"You. This. Doesn't it scare you?" She turns on the lights and stands with her hands on her hips."I mean, don't you wanna be forever young?"

"You can't be young forever, Zo."

"Damn it, you know what I mean," she turns down the volume of the television. "This is so wrong. I'm putting a stop to it before you get hurt." She grabs my phone hoping to find his phone number.

"Zoe, what the fuck?" I yell chasing after her. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Putting a stop to this, duh."

"What the fuck. Stop." I mumble, trying to trap her in place. She's traveling all around the living room. I cannot get her in one area.

"Jaide, forget what I said about being sluts. I was being dumb, okay. Professor seems nice and all but there's a lot of things you don't know about him." I stopped thinking of ways that I can trap her and get my phone back. What does she mean?

"What are you saying?"

"You're making love to him on a daily basis, right? Have you ever had a decent conversation with him? Like, looking him in the eyes and just knowing more."

I never had an actual conversation with Damon. It's always been sex or school. There was never a time where he had me like, woah. But I do know he has three jobs. That man doesn't sleep!

A point for Gryffindor!

That wasn't my intention in the first place. He was just a summer fling until he ended up being my teacher. I suddenly became more attracted to his teaching demeanor. I love the way he stands by the board, rolls up his sleeves, puts one foot on a chair and leans on it leisurely while he looks at me. The whole world stops and it's just the two of us in his room dying to crash onto each other's lips.

"Psh, you think I don't know who I'm fucking with?"

"Well, do you?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Okay, what's his favorite color?" Zoe pouts.

"Shit, like hell, his favorite color is black."

"Black is not even a color."

"What? Black is so your favorite color!"

She looks around cowardly.

". . .This is not about me. Jaide, what I'm trying to say is, if you're going to mess with an older guy, know what you're setting yourself up for. He's either going to take advantage because you're young or he's one of the good ones." She moves from her hiding spot.

"I swear if he fucking hurts you, I'll cut his dick off." No, why would she chop off the best thing I've ever rode on.

"He won't hurt me." I stated confidently.

"And how do you know exactly?"

". . .I read people." Zoe raised a brow at me. She hands me back my phone and walks away.

"I'll be here when you need a shoulder to cry on. It's twelve in the morning, I'm going to sleep."

I was kind of shocked that she didn't believe me when I said he wouldn't hurt me

I was kind of shocked that she didn't believe me when I said he wouldn't hurt me. I am certain he won't. Why doesn't she believe me?

I got a text from Damon and he said;

I hope you're okay. I love you

He is one of the good ones. I know he is. God wouldn't just send me a fine looking man like that unless he wants me to be happy, which I very much am. I got my prayers answered.

I replied to Damon's text. I headed back to my room to finish writing up a few ideas I had left before Zoe interrupted me. I flipped to a new tab to check on my facebook account.

You won't believe who sent me a friend's request.