d e s t r u c t i o n

Waking myself up, my neck was painfully bowed down. My neck felt like it had been stuck in this position for hours. While raising it up, the muscles were too tight so I kept stretching it. Oscillating motions helped ease the tension and my neck felt so much better.

The environment smells like soil and grass. My eyes could barely pick up any color. They're still blurry and exhaustingly dry. I kept blinking hoping that my aching sockets would not fail me.

I was surrounded by doors. Glass and metal. Was I going to be some kind of human experiment? The setting looks like a laboratory.

I looked around but no soul was in sight. Thinking that I was going to leap to freedom, a few centimeters off the steel chair, I was pulled back. I looked down at my hands and feet. My hands were chained to the floor and so were my ankles.

It looked like I was going to be executed the medieval style.

In front of me, there was a metal door. It opens as a woman comes through strutting a catwalk.

"Please, help me," I beg to try to bring moisture back in my eyes. I glance at the figure once more. The woman was tall, lean, and out of focus.

She slid her hand down my chin and lifts up my head with her index finger.

"Did you miss me?" She asks. That tone sounds discreetly familiar it's almost annoying.

"What?" I ask lowly staring into her glowing half green-blue eyes. Nora smiles at me like she had an act of sweet revenge for me.

What? No way!

"I wanna talk," she said. "I got a few confessions I need to get off my chest." She keeps sliding her fingers on the corners of my face. It was like watching a surgeon analyze my structural features before my flaws were marked.

"Let me guess—"

"Shut up." She commands. "I've got your poor little girlfriend here in the audience."

There was a glass door behind her but I couldn't see what was on the other side because the glass was blurred out. Nora opened them.

There was Jaide, badly beaten and bleeding from her face. She was being hanged by the arms like a fallen body hanging from a cross. She could barely mouth her words. She sounded broken. She was desperately asking Nora for mercy and set us free.

"I wish things weren't like this but you don't listen to me." Nora vocalizes while smiling.

"Nora, let her go!"

"I would but—"

"Let her go!"

"Mmm, no."

Jaide's low whimpers and cries annoyed Nora so much that Nora headed towards her and slapped her.

"What is so special about you?" Nora turned to me. "Why is he so obsessed with you? I want what you have." Her head turned to Jaide.

I looked up at her wondering in what term she's socializing about.

"What?" I say.

Nora's hand was wrapped around Jaide's neck. Jaide tries to warn her not to harm her while begging for freedom, screaming for help with her eyes closed. Mascara flows down her cheeks like mud flowing down a hill. Nora latches on to Jaide's hair. She takes a pair of scissors and goes in for a fierce cut.

"Nooo." Jaide cries out in disbelief. Nora is chopping off all of her long curls.

"You fucking pig. You fat ugly slut, I hate you." Nora screams to the top of her lungs. She looks at the strands of hair in her palm and smiles like she's won a medal. She was proud of herself for operating something so foolish. This is not the woman I grew up with.