f i f t y - n i n e

I had gone a while without speaking to Damon. I felt incomplete like a part of my wandering soul was out there. I had to see him, feel him, kiss him, love him.

I missed him dearly. I couldn't stand being separated from him. He hasn't seen me since the accident after his psycho cousin rearranged my nose.

I was worried sick that I won't be pretty enough—worthy enough after my surgery. In the meantime, Damon constantly reminded me that my mental health was all that matters.

He was so supportive throughout the healing process. I was feeling so good that I can't believe how happy I am. It felt like I was in a Disney Princess film. Ugh, I love him so much.

I think it's time we see each other face to face. I miss our chemistry, the way we stare happily into each other's eyes, the way we hug, the way we can make ourselves feel like the only two living bodies on Earth. Damn, I want my baby back.

I didn't tell him I was showing up. I wanted to surprise him so the moment feels exciting.

I took an Uber to his house. I stared at his mini-mansion out the tinted glass. I couldn't open the door yet. I was getting anxiety. I felt like my heart was going to leap out of my chest.

It was too breathtaking. God, my adrenaline was running through my body like a wild horse running in a dark storm. It felt unbelievable, blissful, magical. Man, I hope he's happy to see me.

"Miss, your stop is here." The driver said. I headed out and stood on his porch.

I was feeling extremely nervous now like it was my first time putting on a show.

Round of applause.

Damon opens the door and suddenly my anxiety flew out the window. He looked like he had been crying. His eyes are puffy. He's so sad. Why? I thought he was feeling better. He said he was. I guess it's one of those days.

He wiped his eyes quickly. His smile was forced like he didn't want me to see his true colors.

I acted as if I didn't notice and just went along with it anyway. He welcomed me in with a warm hug. I didn't want to let go of his Godly built frame. I'm getting too comfortable.

"Wow, you look great." He said. I returned the favor and complimented him too. He smiled...for real this time. A genuine one, when it shows in his eyes.

His vibe was different. Certainly not happy but relieved that someone's here to distract him from his negative thoughts. It was quite worrisome. I'm gonna make it my responsibility to help my boyfriend heal.

I was too busy paying attention to him that everything behind him was a blur. Like the snap of a finger, my eyes began to focus. The paint on his wall was exposed. Way too exposed like he had gotten rid of his furniture in his living room.

As happy as I was to see him again, I felt like a fool. I felt confused and lost. Everything is in boxes...

"What's happening?" I ask moving around. I hope I don't go crazy. I'm trying not to. And then he sighed and rubbed his neck.

He wasn't going to say anything. Imagine me, a damsel in distress hoping to reunite with the love of my life only to break into his home and nothing or no one is there.

That was going to be me if I hadn't come sooner. That would've been so embarrassing.

"You're moving?" He's joking. I mean people have put things in boxes to reconstruct the inside of their homes because they don't want to mess up their personal belongings. Right?

He stood there, silenced.

"Yes, I'm moving." He said. Oh man, I'm all for the pranks and all but this one right here, is getting to me good, Damon.