n i n e t e e n

(Narrating)

Melodramatic music sets the mood when she turned on his stereo. Audrey nodded her head singing  lyrics to a song. She saunters towards him in her red heels parading around Damon who's sitting in a chair.

'Cause you're my religion, you're how I'm living, when all my friends say I should take some space. Well, I can't envision, that for a minute. When I'm down on my knees, you're how I pray," she mouthed rubbing her thumb under Damon's chin. He looks up at her with no emotion his eyes. It looked like she was watching eyes without a face.

She took the dress off the hanger. Damon halfway buttoned up his blouse. He rested on one arm, his legs spread wide open, and his expression, amused. He knew she'd look good in it. She knew he'd be watching so she wanted to give him a show. Audrey stood in front of him. She stepped into the flowing red gown that exposed her backside.

Damon's mind went off track. His eyes were glued to her butt. He missed every detail when she spoke a few words. Caught in a daze, he was too busy thinking about what went wrong between him and Audrey.

She was his first love. He thought they would be married by now. It's been six years. The chemistry was destroyed long ago but he still hangs on to the relationship because he believes there's still hope that one day Audrey will become her old self again.

He doesn't know where her vicious attitude came from but he feels like it's his fault why she behaves the way she does.

But he isn't alright because this relationship is poison. He's no longer sane. Everyone constantly reminds him to leave if he's not happy, but sometimes even though he knows she's not good for him, he'll always have a spot in his heart for her.

"Love, help me zip this up please." She said holding her busts. Damon slithered his hands down her sides and gave her a kiss on the neck.

"You look so sexy." He whispers into her ears while he zips up the dress. She blushed, pushing her hair behind her ears. Damon looks at her through the glass and smiled at her.

He hugged her from behind as she wrapped her hands around his. They stared at each other through the mirror then broke it off with a laugh.

"I need to curl my hair." She says demurely.

"What happened to us Dre?" Asked Damon with his head buried in the crook of her neck.

She turned to him. She cupped his face and looked him in the eyes.

"I wish I knew baby, I wish I knew." She kissed him on the cheeks parting ways with him. She quickly dashed to the bathroom holding the corners of her dress.

He stood there with his hands in his pockets looking at Audrey curl her hair.

It was only a matter of time that he realized he's still in love with the workaholic, jet black haired beauty he met six years ago.

_______

The sky is dark blue and haunting.

The scenery looked familiar. There was a line outside the hotel they arrived at. Paparazzi was everywhere. Nothing made an event more blissful than a few cameras and reporters.

They reached inside the lobby. They place was decorated in marble and gold. It captured your attention. The atmosphere smelled like a mixture of air freshener and perfume.