f o u r t y - e i g h t

The last couple of months were crazy. I partied, like, hard. I got drunk for the first time at Rakim's after party on a rainy night in Soho.

It is the last month of the school semester and the only thing left to do is take our finals. Sadly, I won't be able to see Damon in school anymore. I could see him even when he's not teaching but the excitement won't be as intense when I come to his class.

But lately my body has been changing. I gained weight, my curves are more noticeable than before, and my menstrual hasn't been the same.

"Wow, you're glowing." Zoe walks into my room. She bites a Twizzler, yanks it out her mouth, and chews with force.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Like, you're glowing. You're bright as day dear."

Suddenly we were quiet. It was almost getting annoying hearing Zoe chew. So, I grab the pack of Twizzlers and fiddled the bag until I had a chunk in my hand.

"Hey, give me those." She whined like a little kid who didn't want to share her toys.

"No, you're glowing." I mumble with Twizzlers in my mouth.

"Nuh-uh." She takes some out of my hand. "Since when you eat like a cow?"

"I don't know, my cravings have been insanely high. I need a beacon burger." I bite my lips dying to bite into a juicy beacon burger...from FiveGuys...no a Baconzilla from Checkers!

"That stuff is not healthy. Yo ass needa fruit basket."

"Zo, you have a big ass bag of Twizzlers in your hands, though." I replied.

"This is not about me." She starts walking out of the room. I stared at my wall feeling weirdly lightheaded.

"Jaide, are you pregnant?" She asked, coming back into my room with a curious look on her face.

"What?"

"Are you pregnant, like sperms meets egg-"

"I know what you said. No, what makes you think that?"

"You seem different, smell different and eat different. You're different."

"So that's your answer? That I'm 'different', please." I reply.

"Jaide, you hate Twizzlers. You never liked them in your life. You would never try them again. Hell, you just had one." She said.

I instantly remembered how disgusting Twizzlers taste. She's right. I would never attempt to eat them again.

"Holy crap." I cried.

"It's okay."

"It's okay? I'm a College freshman pushing twenty in July for Christ sake. My mother will lose her mind. My dad, oh, he'll kill me first. My life is over."

"What are you talking about? You haven't taken the test yet." She cradles her arms around me. I look at her. Duh, you didn't take the test yet.

"Let's go to a store right now." She demanded before undoing my folded fresh clothes. "Here, wear this hoodie, wear these sweats, and these AirForce 1s." She pointed at them. They're all blue and gum soled.

Zoe drove us there in her black Nissan. I stepped foot in Walgreens panicking out my ass and praying that I'm not having a kid this early. Not that I don't want to have children but I'm too young and raising a kid at my age is overwhelming. Hell, I'm still a kid myself.

I don't know what to feel or do. My mind is going haywire and my soul is slowly ripping apart. I looked around in hopes of not seeing eyes on me. As I was going to grab a box, I held my breathe in the minute I spotted Matthew coming in with a few guy friends strolling behind him like he was captain of the football team all over again.