Don't Say It

London’s POV

“So darling, how was school today?” my dad asked while inserting a forkful of food into his mouth.

I placed my glass back down on the table, “It was actually really good”—a smile on my face –“Guess who goes to my school now!” I practically yelled.

“Whoa, calm down. There’s no need to yell, we’re sitting across from one another” my mom said while laughing.

“Sorry, but just guess” I said while lowering my tone of voice with a huge grin.

“Ashley?” my mom asked and I shook my head at him.

“Jennifer?” my dad asked.

“Eww no dad, I can’t believe you even just said that” I said while scrunching my face up in disgust.

“You said to guess!” he threw his hands up in the air and pointed towards me accusingly.

“Touché” I called back with a smirk.

“So who is it?” my mom asked. She brought her cup up to her mouth and took a sip.

“Who’s who?” I asked and they glared at me.

“Alright! Alright! It’s Carter! He goes to my school now!”

They looked thoroughly surprised—the same reaction I had when I first saw him today.

“That’s really good! What more can you ask when you have your best friend back?” she beamed.

“Exactly mom! I was so happy when I saw him today” I gushed.

“I’m glad that he’s back. You should invite him over for dinner sometime” my dad suggested.

“Yeah I was thinking the same dad” I said.

“Anyways, I have something else to tell you guys” I smiled.

I promised Harry that I would tell them about “us” so here goes nothing I thought.

“What is this confessional day?” my dad joked and my mom nudged him in the side.

“Go on sweetie” my mom encouraged.

“I have a boyfriend” I blurted.

I eyed them carefully and my dad nearly choked on his food.

“You what?” he asked.

“I have a boyfriend” I repeated.

“I know that, but when? For how long?” my dad questioned anxiously.

“For about two weeks now”

“I want to meet him” my dad declared and I looked over at my mom for backing.

“Mark, calm down before you have a heart attack” I smiled.

“So , what’s his name?” my mom asked.

“His name’s Harry” I said as a blush crept on to my cheeks.

My mom smiled over at me.

“So you really like him?” she asked.

“Yeah, he’s amazing and he makes me happy” I couldn’t stop myself from smiling. I know it’s cliché but just thinking about him makes me get butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

“Well if he makes you happy—” my dad started but stopped when he walked to the garbage and scraped his plate off.

I waited for him to finish his sentence.