That's a First

Harry’s POV

She surprisingly fell straight down and didn’t flail her arms in the air, so  it was easier for me to catch her by her waist in one swift motion before her feet touched the ground. She only fell for about three seconds but judging from the she’s shaking in my arms, it probably felt like three minutes for her.

With my arms still around her waist, I eased her down onto the ground.

“You can open your eyes now babe” I hinted . Seconds later, her eyes opened up and her eyes flickered up to mine. I could tell that she was still shaken up from the fall even though she was trying her best to compose herself.

“See, it wasn’t even that scary yet you were scared” I stated with a smug smile.

“I wasn’t scared” she scoffed and my grin widen.

“Then what were you?” I asked. I already had  a feeling what she was going to say just from the look on her face. She was thinking, hard about what she was going to say.

“I was just…nervous” she murmured. Lies, but I have to give her props for not confessing that she was scared.  

“You’re adorable” I teased, making her cheeks turn scarlet.

I entwined my hands into hers and pulled her alongside me as I lead her to my car.

“Thanks” she said as she sat down in the car seat. Walking around  the car, I slipped inside and put the keys into the ignition and pulled off.  From the corner of my eye, I could see her putting her seat belt on.

We reached a red light and I opened the glove compartment. Reaching inside, I grabbed my pack of cigarettes and lighter. Lighting one up,  I placed them back inside. Rolling my window down before taking a deep puff in, I exhaled out the window.

 “Why do you smoke?” London questioned, breaking the comfortable silence. The smoke left my lips and into the air, exhaling, I turned towards her. Disgust is the only thing that I could interpret from her facial expression ,scrunched up. I couldn’t blame her.

“It calms my nerves” I shrugged, I placed it back between my lips.

I started smoking when I was around thirteen or fourteen, I think. My friend at the time used to smoke around me twenty-four-seven, claiming that it helped him deal with his problems and calm him down. I took his words for once and actually tried it. At first, the feeling of my lungs burning followed by constant coughing was alien. It took a while for me to finally get used to it, going from being irritating to sedative. Until alcohol came about. I smoked and drank myself to sleep almost every night. Nightmares, built up anger, mixed emotions, misery, all needed to be taken care of and they did just that. I was fucked up mentally.

“But, they’re bad for your lungs” she pointed out.

“I’m not a smoke addict, if that’s what you’re thinking. I only smoke once in a while” I said. I try to limit myself from smoking around her but the urge overcame me.

“It doesn’t make it any better if you smoke on a daily basis or not, it’s still bad”

“I know baby” I spoke before I turned the car off, rolling up all the windows. Throwing the cigarette onto the floor, I grabbed her hand.

I could already hear the music blaring from outside and we weren’t even at his house yet. The usual.

“Are you hungry?” I questioned as we walked up the stairs of his house. Red cups were scattered all over the front lawn along with pieces of clothing, which were most likely girls. I rolled my eyes.