A Lucky Guy

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE BUT OMG I HAVE TESTING THIS WEEK AND I'M GOING TO HAVE TESTING AGAIN NEXT WEEK SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME! AND IF SOME OF YOU GUYS GET CONFUSED, YES THE LAST PART IS IN THIRD PERSON! LMAO IT'S ALMOST 3AM AND I NEED TO BE UP AT 6AM  I LOVE YOU GUYS BYE

******

Carter’s words begin to drone out the more I shift my attention over to the figure behind him seated on the polished hardwood floors. She has been staring at me for the longest and it is annoying to say the least. Both of our eyes lock with one another for a couple of seconds and it leaves me utterly confused and annoyed. Her caked up face, mascara-ridden eyelashes, and her skimpy clothing is enough to make any barf up their last meal. She probably looks like death without any makeup on.

Without thinking twice, I stick my middle finger up at her and shoot a glare in her direction as well. The thing she does next completely baffles me: she smiles. It was not one of on friendly side, the whole smile drawn onto her lips scream deception. I guess my assumptions about her after all are correct. She is definitely a psychotic person who needs to be inside of a mental institution as soon as possible.

Poor girl.

“What are you staring at?” Carter asks, bringing me back into reality. He looks at me genuinely curious while waiting for a response.

Shrugging both of my shoulders, I let a fake smile place itself on my lips. “Nothing in particular, I just zoned out for a second back there. What were you saying before?”

“I wanted to know what you were planning on doing for the holidays.” He says.

“You already know how I always spend the holidays alone, right?” I ask and he nods signaling for me to continue. “Well, my parents decided on staying this year for once surprisingly which is absolutely amazing. Moreover, we are just going to spend it together as family along with Harry: opening presents, watching movies, and eating. I know it sounds cliché and all, but it is all I’ve ever wanted. What about yourself and your family?” I ask, smiling softly. I did not find any reason to tell him about what I was planning on doing after Christmas only because I didn’t want to come off as boasting. It would’ve been rude of me in a sense. Best friend or not, I wouldn’t want someone to come up to me bragging about how they’re going to a huge ass party next week when I’m not invited. I think anyone would feel like shit in some situations.

“London, I thought I already told you that I’m not up here with my parents. I’m living with my uncle.” Carter says before rolling his eyes.

“No you didn’t?” I say and my eyebrows knit together. I’m pretty good at remembering things and I don’t recall him telling me that. Either I forgot or he’s lying to me, which I highly doubt.

“Yes I did.”

“Well then why did you leave?” I ask and a sigh leaves his mouth.

“My parents were all up on my ass for coming home late almost every night and it was starting to piss me off. I guess they were getting fed up with my behavior because I came home from school one day to see all of my stuff packed up with them waiting at the door with a plane ticket. They claimed that they were tired of my shit and that I was disregarding their rules and regulations so I came here to live with my uncle, who happily took me in.,” he says before smiling. “And to answer your question, we’re not really doing anything special. We didn’t even put up our tree up yet! ” he exclaims and I laugh.

“I’m not one to speak but that’s horrible! We’re putting ours up today and you should do it today with your uncle! After all, it is less than a week away from Christmas!” I say and my hand reaches out and smacks his arm playfully.