Open Your Eyes

London’s POV

“Thank goodness you’re finally ready London! You had us waiting for down here for an hour,” my mom exclaimed. I gasped while looking over at her with my mouth slightly agape. “Close your mouth sweetie, its unladylike.” She scowled and I closed my mouth inevitably without thinking twice.

My eyes focused over on Carter as he began to approach me with a warming smile on his face. I smiled over at him while extending my arms open.

“Hey Carter,” I spoke from over his shoulder, his arms circling over my waist, bringing me into his chest. In the action, I caught a whiff of his cologne and I grinned. “Is that polo blue I smell?” I questioned while unraveling my arms from around his torso and taking a step back.

“Your sense of smell is keen. I can’t believe you even remembered!” he praised.

“Of course I remembered,” I rolled my eyes. “I happened to be the one who introduced you to that cologne in the first place and you’ve been obsessed with ever since.” I teased while poking my tongue out at him.

“Not to sound rude or anything, but who invited you over?” I questioned while laughing. I felt that laughing would make it sound much nicer than just saying it bluntly.

As I asked the question, I saw Harry leaning against the wall look up at us. Previously, he was on his phone which is why it laid idle in his hand.

“I was picking some stuff up at the supermarket and I ran into him in the parking lot,” he started. So, my dad invited him over. I’m actually mad at right now for doing that and I have this sudden urge to smack him. This was supposed to be a day with Harry and I alongside my parents. I can already feel the tension in the room radiating off of Harry and Carter alone. “He invited me over saying that you guys were having a dinner, so I agreed since I didn’t having anything else better to do. I had no idea that he was going to be over though.” He said while turning to the right and looking at him for a brief second before turning back to me with a smile.

“Yeah, Harry was supposed to be over. I’m surprised my dad didn’t mention it to you.” I commented.

“Yeah I don’t know why he didn’t mention it” he admitted while bringing his hand up behind his neck and scratching it.

My ears picked up the clacking of my mom’s heels and I looked towards the entrance of the living room.

“Let’s go guys, our reservation is at 8 and it’s already 7:30” my dad announced as he unlocked the front door and opened it up.

“By the way, thanks so much for the flowers Carter, they smell marvelous. I found a vase and placed them inside” my mom said with all smiles.

“I’m glad you like them” Carter smiled.

“Oh, Mark don’t forget the wine!” my mom semi shouted to my dad. He went back inside the house.

Harry and I walked outside with Carter following behind.

We all stood on the sidewalk looking around at each other. It was probably the most awkward situation to be placed in because no one was speaking. I looked up at Harry and it was visible that he was clenching his jaw. Carter on the hand his hands in his pockets while smugly smiling to himself. I looked down at my hands and fiddled with them.

“So who brought the wine?” I asked aloud because I didn’t know who brought it. It’s hard to believe that Carter brought both the wine and the flowers.

“I picked up the bottle while on my way here” Harry spoke while looking down at me with a small smile.

“Aw, you shouldn’t have” I cooed and he smirked.