Away From You

London’s POV

As Carter and I stood in that embrace for a while longer, a loud clearing of someone’s throat caught our attention. I unclasped my arms from Carter and they fell freely to my side as I turned around and saw Harry standing there. He stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and it was clearly evident that he was annoyed. Maybe even mad for all I know. I just wondered how long he had been standing there.

I looked up at Carter and smiled weakly.

“Well, I guess I’ll be seeing you in school Monday?” I asked, feeling slightly awkward since Harry was right behind us.

“Yeah of course” he said while slowly taking steps backwards his motorcycle.

“Well, goodnight Carter and get home safe” I said with a smile as he sat on his motorcycle while putting his helmet on.

“You too” he called before zooming past us in the night. The wind from the speed making my hair blow back as the cool breeze flew past us making me shiver slightly.

I turned around to see if Harry was in his exact same spot but he wasn’t, he was already walking ahead of me.

I sighed and followed behind him. I know what he did shouldn’t of had hurt me but it did. He was supposed to be here by my side but he wasn’t.

“Can you wait up please?” I called towards him in this barren parking lot. There were only a few cars left that was most likely the employees.

He didn’t even turn around to acknowledge me, instead he just kept walking.

 I gripped my cardigan tighter as I trailed behind him from a few feet.\

He was just fine not even fifteen minutes ago. It’s interesting how fast his mood can change in a blink of an eye.

I finally approached the car as it was already turned on. The car was no longer a convertible, so he must’ve changed it back.

I opened the car door and sat down. The music was off and the whole car was quiet. The only noise being heard was his breathing.

“So do you mind explaining to me why you ignored me?” I asked while looking over at him from my left. His face was turned towards the window, blocking me from making any eye contact.

I sat there waiting for five minutes for him to respond.

“I heard everything you guys said” he finally spoke after what felt like hours. His hand opened the glove compartment and he dug his fingers inside. A pack of cigarettes and lighter was gripped in his hand before it was slammed shut. He opened the box and pulled a cigarette out, placing it between his lips. The lighter lit the end of it and the fiery blaze lit up as he inhaled in. He rolled down his window and exhaled that smoke that once entered his lungs

“So you eavesdropped on us?”

“Yeah but that’s beside the point” he said while puffing out smoke again.

“Then what is the point? I’m waiting to hear it” I said while growing annoyed from his lack of speech.

“The point is you”

“How am I the point?” I said with furrowed eyebrows and a mouth agape. Is he kidding me?

“The point is that you don’t fucking trust me London!” he growled while banging his fist on the steering wheel, making me cringe.

He flicked the cigarette out the window and turned towards me. Eyes burning into my own.

“You must think I’m going to use you and throw you to the curb like I did with all the other girls don’t you?” he asked while staring directly at me.