Hate Each Other

London’s POV

I smiled over at Carter encouragingly as my parents and I waited for his response while Harry on the other hand was holding a solemn expression. I had to elbow him in the shoulder for him to snap out of his angered state.

During the whole questionnaire my parents were giving Harry, I couldn’t help but keep the butterflies emitted in my stomach from emerging out. He answered everything so perfectly and I was shocked beyond words at his responses. When he told my father that he intended on protecting me with his life, my heart almost burst out of my chest. I swear that it was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard in my life. He said it with such confidence and genuineness that I had no choice but to believe what he said. I mean, who wouldn’t if they were in my position at the moment in time? I could see the look on my parents face when he had said it. They looked so content yet baffled from his boldness referring to how long we have been dating for. I already knew for sure that they liked him just by their expressions. Harry so far is keeping up to his promise for not ruining the night and I’m so grateful for that. I’m pretty sure Harry worked his charm and won them over just like he did with me.

“My parents are doing great actually, thanks for asking. I talked to them a couple nights ago and they told me that they were going to a party tomorrow surprisingly!” Carter said smoothly with a low chuckle before taking a sip out of his cup. I actually missed his parents, they were very strict but they were still awesome. I always remembered coming over on the weekend and Mrs. Williams would always teach me how to bake cupcakes and cookies. She used to bake on her spare time and I always wanted to help her because that meant free food and you could always count me in on that. It was one of those opportunities in life that you’d be dumb to give up on.

“A party? Since when are your parents the party type? Mark and I would always try to get them to come with us to parties and they always pass up on the offer!” my mom said, her face showing bewilderment. She was right though. Every time my parents had an event to go to Carter’s parents would always make up and excuse for not going when they invited them. I don’t know why but they always did.

“I have no idea what overcame them so suddenly to motivate them to go to a party. But I know for sure that it’s from a friend of my mom who’s throwing the party.” Carter said while chuckling ever so slightly with a grin on his lips.

“How much longer until this shitty dinner is over?” Harry whispered quietly in my ear.  I knew for a fact that he was rolling his eyes even though I couldn’t see him.

“Babe, we should be leaving soon” I said equally as quiet.

My parents and Carter were too busy conversing with one another to even care what Harry and I were even up to. I guess they just want to catch up on him and his family.

“I hope, I don’t think I can stand being around that dick any longer” he commented and I chuckled.

“He’s hasn’t even done anything yet. Either you’re being a little bit too irrational or you’re just delusional.” I joked and he moved away from my ear and glared at me, his eyes staring directly into mine. I brought my hands up from my side and placed them on his cheeks before giving them a slight squeeze.

“Stop that!” he fussed while smacking my hands away. I laughed at his childish behavior. The fake frown on his face soon turned into a cheesy grin. His two dimples caving into his cheeks and I had to refrain myself from poking them.

“You’re dimples make you look so adorable.” I gushed making his cheeks tint a little.

“I can only imagine how adorable you looked as a baby”