Enjoying The View

I pull the vanilla covered sheets off my relaxed body and throw my legs over the side of my bed in urgency. My bare manicured feet make contact with the freezing caramel wooden floor and a profanity slips out of my mouth too quickly before I could suppress. I must’ve forgotten to switch the AC to auto instead of on.

I scurry into my dark ridden bathroom as my finger flicks the light switch on and light engulfs the area before I close the door behind me, earning a clicking sound to invade the once soundless room. I act quickly in removing my oversized Nirvana tee shirt and undergarments that produces a soft thud once it hits the tiled floor before jumping into the shower.

It’s already nearing two-thirty and I have to be at the school in a quarter to three to meet up with Tony after school for his basketball tryouts. I promised him that I wouldn’t be late and here I am rushing like a manic because I somehow overslept. He formerly was apprehensive about the whole trying out thing and now he must be stressing now. I should’ve texted him saying that I was on my way or something to some degree so he could get some relief.

The cascading of hot water comes to a halt and pulling the black and white polka dotted shower curtain back, I step foot onto the fluffy rosy bathmat. Drying off quickly, I exit the steamed filled bathroom and literally run to my closet in search of something to wear, my wet feet smacking against the floor.

I decided on wearing a sleeveless white shirt that had a Chanel bottle on it and a pair of denim jeans with my white converse.

It’ll have to do, I thought while gathering all my hair up into messy ponytail, leaving the bangs out to contour my face. I used a scarce amount of foundation to cover up the almost invisible bruises from four days ago on my face; Neosporin works miracles.

I close the front door behind me and welcome the fresh air before I get in my car and drive off. I’ve been craned up in my house for four days and it has been misery since I was the only person there. Harry would stop by every day after school, giving me my homework and from there on we’d hang out and he’d leave when I was sound asleep.

Speaking of him, he’s probably going to be upset once he sees me in the gym with Tony. He wants me to stay home until next week, to make sure I’m fully okay. I’ve been fine since yesterday, I swear he acts like a dad and I’m his daughter.

I glance down at the time on my screen before turning in into an empty parking spot and getting out and closing the door behind me. I was almost near the entrance when my phone began vibrating in my back pocket.

“I didn’t forget, I’m here Tony” I say into the phone, a chuckle leaving my lips. A sigh is heard on the opposite side of the line.

“Thank god, I thought you forgot and weren’t going to show up. Where are you?”

“On my way to your locker. I’m guessing you’re there, right?” I ask while weaving through people, some occasionally staring at me.

“Yeah, I’m putting some of my things up”

“Alright, I’ll meet you there in a minute” I say and he responds with an “okay” and I end the phone call.

 I slip my phone into my back pocket when I proceed in his direction. He slings his black and white Adidas duffel bag over his shoulder and for a second he could pass as a jock despite the specs that framed his ocean blue eyes. If he was too get rid of those glasses he’d be so much more attractive and have girls falling for him; he has the whole package. I need to give him a transformation and I won’t take no for an answer.

“School sucked without you London” Tony says while pulling me into a welcoming hug and I wince when his arm squeezes over my upper left side. I’ve missed him and his amazing company.