A Skank Like Her

London’s POV

The last bell rang, signally us that fourth period was about to begin and I groaned. I felt like shit today and I really didn’t want to wake up but my parents forced me. Today is one of the days where I actually wished they were away but you can’t always get what you ask for.

 Just the whole idea of having a period grosses me out and now I have to deal with it. I woke up in the middle of the night to find out I was on. I had to wake up out of my precious sleep to freshen up in the shower and put on a pad. Right then and there was when I started becoming moody. The cramps are subsiding now but they’re about to crank up before the day is over for sure.

“So how was your weekend, London?” Tony asked while taking a seat beside me. I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes at him. He’s too sweet and I’d just look like a jerk if I overlooked him from my current mood.

“It was good, thanks for asking Tony.  Saturday was kind of sucky, I stayed in all day but Sunday was awesome. I went to the mall with Danielle and Eleanor for majority of the day and relaxed at their house for a few. How about yours?” I said smiling, remembering all of the events from yesterday.

“Mine was good actually but not half as good as yours” he pointed out.

“Shut up! I bet it wasn’t” I said while laughing at him before he continued.

“My dad’s side of the family came up for his birthday so we had a party for him. It turned out really good, everyone had a great time besides having to clean up the after math. Sunday was good as well, my cousins and I played a game of basketball. It was an intense game and luckily we won.”

“Awe Tony! I didn’t know you played basketball!” I exclaimed. How dare he hide something like that from me! But then again, it’s just me.  I saw his c

“Yeah I’ve always enjoyed playing the sport as well as watching it. I basically grew up playing basketball” he said. I could see a hint of a smile forming on his face. He’s always so diffident and I wish I could change that somehow.

“Harry loves basketball too. Have you ever tried joining the team?” I asked and he shook his head quickly.

“Are you serious? Of course not! They all hate me, I can already imagine myself getting tormented by them.” I frowned. I already know from the first day here that Harry along with his friends harassed him as well as majority of the jocks. It’s sad because Tony’s a really sweet and down to earth person. I just think that if they actually took time to be his friend, they’d know him like I do.

“But you should try though, I’m sure that you will place a spot on the team” I assured.

“And replace someone else. Yeah, no. Not going to happen. Besides, I’m not even all that good” the last thing he said was a lie. I’m sure of it.

“Don’t make me smack you” I couldn’t stop myself from suppressing the glare that was going to release sooner or later towards him.

“Tony, you’re going to try out for the team and I’m not taking no for answer” I stated while crossing my arms across my chest.

“They’re going to laugh at me when I step onto the court. Better yet when I enter the gym”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be there with you” I smiled. I wouldn’t mind accompanying him, that’s what friends are for anyways.  

“I don’t know” he said while scratching the back of his neck.

“When are tryouts held?” I asked.

“Around mid-October”

“That’s almost nearing. It’s about to be October in three more days” I smiled. The day is closer than I thought.