Chapter 10: The Club

I was back at the hotel room picking out my outfit. I bought new items while shopping earlier that day meant to be worn for this special occasion.

After finally making my decision throwing pieces together one by one, I came across the ultimate attire for tonight: a cute, tight-fitted short black dress with a white bow top (all which hugged my body comfortably and brought out my best features), these black suede wedge heels with an ankle strap that matched so well with my dress, and a fancy little black over-jacket for warmth on this moderately chilly night.

I took some time debating on whether to bring my tiny studded black purse or "Slim Shady" bag, eventually ending up going for the latter since it was a bigger in size and could hold more items. Plus, it had Em on it, so why the hell not?

I stood in front of the mirror checking how things were looking. Once doing so, I was in shock. I didn't ever remember looking this fancy before. It was actually bizarre, but I looked smashing. I took the diamond pendant necklace out with the matching diamond earrings I purchased earlier and put them on, it producing the perfect dazzle that balanced the sexy-blackness of it out. I thought it looked fine so far as I went on to fix my hair and makeup.

I chose to do my hair in heavy, thick curls, making sure to spray tons of freshly scented hairspray in to keep it in place. I did my eyes next, applying darker eyeshadow along the corner ends of my eyelids and highlighting the inner part of it, creating a bit of the smokey-eye effect. I also added extra volume mascara to bring out my lashes. I then put on plum colored lipstick and added a hint of natural tone blush to my cheeks for the final effect. I absolutely loved the outcome of it.

I ended up wasting time snapping selfies of myself for a while. Don't blame me, I've never looked this glamorous before. I kept checking myself out in the mirror until finally I'd gotten so annoyed by myself that I had to physically force myself to leave.

Once making sure I had everything, including my I.D. and extra money and such, I called up the taxi and stood waiting outside the hotel entrance. I kept getting stares, especially from older men who were with their girlfriends, wives, entering and exiting the hotel. I was exceedingly uncomfortable. A reason why I chose to take the taxi instead of the bus... that would have been dreadful.

I looked down at my phone. It was already 8:30 P.M. Thankfully, the event started at ten. I began checking from app to app, seeing if I missed anything, when a thought suddenly hit me: Nate.

My heart suddenly grew heavy. Had he forgotten about me? I guess he never really wanted to keep in touch. He was already busy with his own life. Plus, he had a girl. He wouldn't dare be caught talking to other girls. What had I been thinking? Of course he'd move on, just like everyone in my life eventually does. I felt like breaking down. This was the truth. It's happened to me so many times before. If he wanted to reach me he would've done it already. Now, I'll never hear from him again.

The taxi showed up right that instant and knocked me out of my horrid feeling; a distraction. Thank goodness, at least.

Twenty minutes later, I arrived at the outside of the club. There was a moderate sized line in the front with mainly girls and guys in their own groups. I awkwardly waddled over to the back, not at all used to wearing heels. I caught girls giving me dirty looks and stares from guys as well. Something I wasn't used to, either.

From standing in the back, I saw the bouncer in the front and began really breaking a sweat. I'd always seen that in movies, where the ladies aren't "good enough" to get in. That was going to be me no doubt. Crap. Everything was so nerve-racking at this moment. I just wanted to get in and enjoy myself, going out to clubs should never be this way. At least I thought it shouldn't.

No one tried to start a conversation with me which was a relief. I was a mix of anxiety, nervousness, and everything else in between. The line was moving up, slowly but steadily. I took into account what the other people here were wearing, trying to figure out why people kept giving me looks; if it might have been because of my choice of clothing or not. I probably just looked like I didn't belong from around here. Or had they been jealous of me, the girls in particular? It struck me. Nah, no way. 

Observing them, however, the girls here honestly weren't much. This goes for a lot of them; not all, though. But most of them dressed up like skanks, seen trying much too hard to "dress to impress." Their dresses barely even fit them and they looked very slutty and trashy. I'll admit, you should be fierce and sexy for a club, but keeping it classy and fresh. That's what I went for. And you don't need a dress two sizes too small for you to make that work. The dress I wore was my size and fit me perfect. This had been one of the things that really bothered me when I thought of girls overdoing it.

These thoughts went on in my head until I finally was one of the first in the front. When it finally came me, the bouncer addressed me. "Party of how many?"

"J—Just me," I answered him shakily.

"I need to see some I.D.," he straightforwardly said.

I pulled my wallet out of my bag which Slim Shady was on (I had totally forgotten, it being exposed to the public this entire time) and showed the bouncer my I.D. He examined my card, going from it to me, looking carefully. I gulped.

He handed it back. "I need to check your bag, please." 

Awkwardly, I raised it up to him, unzipping it entirely. I had no food, liquid, drugs, or anything at all suspicious. This was as worse as airport security. I noticed him pointing his flashlight around, observing my items closely. After he was done observing, as well taking the time to mark a large "X" on the back of my hand, a polite smile appeared on his face. 

"You're good to go," he said, unlatching the connector from the red velour line rope, allowing me access in.

I was shocked for a brief moment. "No entry fee?"

"You're good," he assured smoothly.

Without question, I zipped up my bag and swung it over my shoulder, making my way into the place, loud music coming into earshot. I could have sworn that the group behind me starting getting upset, sounding mad at my general direction. It was strange because I was certain there'd been an admittance fee to tonight's event since it was a special occurrence. The bouncer did make all the rules, however. If he said I was good to go, then I guess I was good to go .

After all that, I needed to grab a seat and relax a bit. At least I made it in. I wasn't allowed to sit at the bar so I took a seat at a table at the area where the food was served in their little dining section of it. The atmosphere was so trippy, amazing, and pumped up. Rave lights were everywhere but mostly where the clubbing, dancing area was. It was a little more calm where the eating area was, but I loved it anyway; the ambiance was spectacular.

I could get used to this.