Chapter 66: Slide On Over

I didn't know what time it was or how I even got here in Marshall's bed, but all I knew right now was that I had the hugest urgency to pee.

I stumbled up out of the bed, tripping over a small trash can that was on the side (which confused me greatly why it was there) as I dashed out the room and darted into the closest bathroom.

I came out minutes later, stopping myself in the hall. I took a deep breath as I leaned against the wall, bringing my hand up to my head. I had a giant, pulsing headache right now. It felt like my head itself was going to explode. I closed my eyes for a few minutes, hoping it would pass. What startled me moments later was when I heard footsteps coming up, approaching me. I quickly looked in front of me to see Nate, just barely making it all the way up the flight of stairs smoothly. "Nate?" I questioned him, placing my hand down by my side again as I stared at him.

"Sal?" he questioned back, as he just gawked right back at me, looking like he wasn't expecting to see me at all. "Hey. I, uh—I forgot what I was doing up here." I laughed hard at him. I could tell; he was plastered. He shrugged his shoulders, ignoring whatever intention he meant to take care of before, as he went and walked along past me. I just stared at him the whole time, a little bewildered. He peeked into a room, then turned his head to look back at me, motioning at me to follow. "Come in here. There's something I want to show you," he smirked at me, slurring his words a bit.

Being confused, I followed (wanting to play along) as I skipped right into the same room behind Nate. I just stood there as I watched him pull out something (a book-type item) from one of the shelves and then land, crashing down on the floor. I was laughing at him the entire time. I went to sit close to him, looking puzzled at what sort of "book" he pulled out. "What's that?" I asked curiously, leaning my head over to look at it.

"Here," Nate handed it to me, smiling at me widely.

I gasped, as I knew exactly what it was then. It was a scrapbook, more so a picture book, of family photos. I began to open it, immediately gushing when I looked through the first few pages. I saw baby pictures of Marshall at first, then pictures of his (and Nate's) mother, Debbie. I went on, seeing pictures of Nate, then soon eventually coming across baby pictures of the girls. It was mostly Hailie and Alaina in these, Kim being in a lot of them, as well. This was certainly something quite rare. I had never seen these pictures before in my life.

Every now and then, I'd turn to notice Nate staring at me the whole time. He was amused by my reaction to a lot of what I was seeing, but he was also gazing at me just to plainly gaze. It was a little weird, but I only ignored that for now; he probably wasn't thinking right anyway.

I began to speak to him, very gleeful and appreciatively. "This is so amazing, all these pictures," I smiled. I stopped, a photograph then catching my attention. "Aw, is that you?"

"Yeah," he chuckled, nodding.

"Look at you as a little boy," I commented, cooing. "You're such a cutie."

"No... you are," Nate slurred more, a hiccup following.

I raised my head to meet with his eyes, noticing for sure that his pupils were dilated and a drunken blush was painted across his face. My breathing nearly stopped, though, when I noticed how close his face was to mine; not just that, but that he was looking at me dead in the eyes. "Huh?"

"I always thought you were so pretty," Nate let me know, bringing his hand up to my cheek as he began to lightly caress it.

I held my breath. There were knots in my stomach. "Nate?"

Before I knew it, I suddenly felt Nate's lips press firmly against mine. My eyes shot open when it finally registered what had just happened. I felt paralyzed (really able to taste the alcohol on his breath, too) as he lip-locked me one-sidedly. When Nate began to deepen into the kiss was when I snapped back into realization. Before I could pull away from him in a panic, I heard something come from the doorway behind us instead. "Oh, my God." Nate and I immediately broke contact, turning to notice Ashley standing there, gaping at us. She stood there a few seconds, not believing her eyes. She immediately took off, running back down the stairs, absolutely appalled and outraged.