Chapter 15: You're Never Over

I looked outside the windshield in full excitement.

We pulled into a near empty lot, which was in the center of what seemed to be many business buildings. Eminem parked the car and shortly, we both got out. I was still wearing my short black mini-dress with the light jacket on top. I was walking barefoot outside now, having left my heels in the car. At this point, screw heels. I wasn't going to deal with them anymore. 

Following right behind Em, eager to find out where he had taken me to, I took into account the buildings surrounding us. They were all dark and vacant, most likely because of it being after business hours, being past midnight. I looked up even higher at the top of the buildings to notice how beautiful the night sky looked. I hardly ever paid attention to the sky but the stars in it then glimmered so brightly and the moon looked so full and bright. I was in love.

"Hey," I caught Em looking at me from in front. Apparently, I had stopped walking in order to take a look at the sight above me. I hadn't noticed. "You coming or what?"

I ran along to catch up. "Sorry. The night sky looks beautiful. It reminds me of 'Space Bound.'"

"A bit," he agreed with me. Chuckling, I accidentally bumped into him as soon as I caught up with him. My face heated up. "Yo, you cold like that?" he asked, eyes scanning me up and down.

I blushed even harder. Thankfully, it was dark so it wasn't noticeable. However, it was very nippy at the moment so I had indeed been cold. "A little, but I'm fine," I said to him.

"Nah, here." He began unzipping his hoodie. He took if off, revealing his black shirt underneath. He handed his jacket to me. "Come on, it's just a bit further down."

Reaching for it without hesitation, I wrapped his large black hoodie around me like a blanket, taking in his scent. I instantly became warm and comfortable, all giddy too at this remarkably cute action we just engaged in. I couldn't.

A few hundred feet later, we stopped at the front of a door to a building. Eminem took out a pair of keys and unlocked it, flickering on the nearest light switch. I walked in, shortly knowing exactly what this was. This wasn't just any kind of office building—it was a recording studio.

I ran in excited, finding myself in a hall with rooms to the side. There was the studio, the control room, and the machine room, all aligned. I took a peek inside the large glass window at each one of them. It looked so professional and the inside of the rooms contained so many instruments and recording devices in each such as microphones, a mixing console, a keyboard, reference monitors, and so many others I didn't know the name of. I just stood there peeking in, my hands cupped together against the glass. "This is so amazing," I had to comment.

"Have you ever been in a studio before?" he asked me with interest.

"No... this is my first," I said.

"I'll take you in one of the rooms." I watched him as he fiddled around with his keys until he found the right one and unlocked the door to the room I was peeking into.

"Oh, wait, is there a restroom in here first?" I questioned, feeling embarrassed.

"Yeah, down the hall to your left," he replied, not thinking a big deal out of it.

"Okay, I'll be back," I let him know.

I skipped down and made my way into the restroom. I inhaled and exhaled out deeply. I needed some time for myself. I couldn't believe this was happening. Me and him alone in his very own recording studio... Eminem at all, really. I did my business then came out of the stall, looking at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was a mess and my makeup was all over the place. I did my best to comb my hair out with my fingers and then fix the makeup on my eyes a bit. I took a tissue and wiped my lipstick off completely.