Chapter 34: Girls' Night

Alaina, Hailie, and Whitney suggested we go down to the city of Sterling Heights from Rochester Hills to hang out.

I let them decide since they knew this entire area better, thus being able to take me to the best spots around. They pointed out and explained a lot of these areas as we passed them by.

We came to our first spot, Lakeside Mall. It was huge and had literally every store you could think of. I was glad Alaina, Hailie, and Whitney knew where they were going inside because I would have gotten lost instantly.

We made quite a few stops at Forever 21H&M, and The Limited to name a few. Each of us ended up getting a little something for ourselves. I even found out they had a Hot Topic and Spencer's, too. I dragged them all with me inside, especially to the back of Spencer's. We all made a promise not to tell anyone we did, for Whitney. We all shared quite a bit of laughter, trying our best to keep out of trouble. There was a Taco Bell there, too, which we stopped by to dine at. After that, we went to a few more shops, being Wet Seal and then Victoria's Secret after. Feeling that we've finished with all the shopping we could possibly do, we wrapped things up and left, carrying quite a few bags with us. We moved on to our next location for the night.

They chose the theater next, which was a little further down the street. It was the AMC Forum 30, which surprising, I was familiar with already since there were AMC theaters back in California, too. Once we got there, we were stumped, however. We couldn't come to an agreement on a movie we wanted to see. We all shared a different opinion. We came to a deciding factor to just go see what we each felt like and meet up at the end.

Alaina and I wanted to see Need For Speed—he coming attractions I'd seen for it looked bad ass—while Hailie and Whitney wanted to go see Divergent, a hugely popular hit release that week. So we all split up for the time being, sticking in pairs. Luckily, the times of the movies we each wanted to see matched up to one another so we could all meet up at the same time at the end with no problem.

Hours later, the four of us found each other in the center of the theater lobby. Chatting it up, we shared our opinions of the movies with each other which turned out to be very favorable. We made great choices, it sounded like. Then, we went on to make our way back home after, it getting late. We were rather worn out.

We arrived back at the house nearly twenty minutes later, storming in with our shopping bags. Marshall wasn't in sight when we came in; he was probably still up in his office. I didn't want to go bother him. We all skipped up the stairs, pouring into one of the rooms; Hailie's.

When we all sat on the floor surrounded and huddled comfortably, we were thinking up what activities we could do for the rest of the night. Hailie, then, got an idea, taking her nails into account. "Let's paint our nails," she suggested, wanting to redo hers for the longest time, she shared with us.

Us agreeing, Hailie had already gotten up and grabbed a big handbag of hers filled with different varieties, decorations, and colors of nail polish, as well as other manicure and pedicure items. Alaina came up with the next plan on our list as all of us went to grab our favorite shades. "We should totally have a pillow fight after this."

"Let's do it!" Whit was the one to let out excitedly.

I had to laugh. "Okay, fine, sure," I said, whatever. Hailie shrugged, agreeing the same way I did. 

These girls definitely made me feel cheerful, though; something that felt quite needed to me. I've never really had a girls' night such as this, as stereotypical as it was, but I didn't mind. I went and enjoyed every bit of it with them.

Some time later, I finished adding the top coat to my nails as I blew them dry. I painted them a very vibrant fuchsia with a touch of glitter added to only my both fourth fingers. I received compliments from the other girls. Hailie and Alaina did their own nails: Hailie's were painted a rich white color that looked magnificently gorgeous and Alaina did hers dark plum which I loved as well. I had helped Whitney paint hers since she requested me do them for her.

Whitney admired her shimmering, sparkling flamingo pink tips. She thanked me deeply, while Alaina made a comment to herself on her job. "I totally messed up mine," Alaina commented. "They look like shit. Oh, well."

"They look fine," I said otherwise to her, beaming. "I think the color really suits you," I smiled, making her feel better. Alaina made a face at me, although appreciating my compliment. "Your nails too, Hailie. They look lovely," I commented.

Hailie thanked me, as I smiled a warm one in return. I remembered something then, which I directed to the three. "Were we actually going to have a pillow fight after this?"

"Hell yes!" I heard a collection of voices shriek at me mutually.

I guessed it so happened we were. The girls went to grab pillows off Hailie's bed in an instant. Dodging them, I was last to grab one, (thankfully, able to do so safely) as I laughed hard.

For the next ten minutes all that was heard was laughs, jumping around, and pillows getting smacked against others. This was the most enjoyable  thing I've ever participated in. Whitney, Hailie, and I were going at it full-on. Alaina was at first, but she ended up half-assing it, near over it. We ended up ganging up on Alaina, noticing she backing out on us.

"Guys, stop, I'm done!" Alaina shouted while laughing with her arms out, desperately trying to stop us and cover herself. Whitney, Hailie, and I just hit her the more, nonstop and in giggles.

That instant, what startled us was a call from outside all four of us heard. We immediately quit what we were doing. "Would you girls mind keeping it down?"

We shared an exchange of guilty faces. We placed the pillows back on the bed quietly. Whitney was the first to say something after as she let out a yawn. "I'm really tired. I think I'm going to go to bed now," she told us.

Checking the time, we noticed it was already midnight. We wished a "Good night" to Whitney, her saying the same for us. When she left the room, I went ahead and crashed on Hailie's bed. I let out a noticeable sigh. The girls knew what was up; what caused me to do that.

Alaina felt the need to come in. "You know what it is, honestly," she began, "I bet he's sexually frustrated. When the last time he's been around a woman?" she turned to ask Hailie serious. I couldn't help but be the one to laugh, turn red, and fidget over her comment. Oh, Jesus, did Alaina really say this now?

Hailie answered Alaina honestly. "Other than talking with Mom, none that I've noticed."

I noticed both of them share grins on their faces, a laugh breaking out between them. They began pointing fingers at me, nudging me and making silly remarks. I turned red as I hid my face from them.

"What Alaina said actually reminded me about something," Hailie said after. I raised my brow at her, actually feeling uneasy. Before I could get a word out, Hailie went on. "To the bathroom, let's go," Hailie announced, chuckling maliciously some more. As she and Alaina rose, Hailie went and whispered things in Alaina's ear, them speaking of to the side mostly.

Following them to the bathroom a few rooms down, I shook my head at them, embarrassed. What was on Hailie's mind escaped me. I guess I was to find out shortly.