Chapter 56: Throw It Away

"Hey, meet and greet's finally ov—" one of them stopped as they took notice of me.

I gleamed at them, the members of Slaughterhouse, as I dropped everything in my hands back into the box. I went up to them carefully, smiling at each one warmly. Marshall followed suit behind me.

"Hi," I started to speak to all of them, a little nervous. "Royce da 5'9, Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden, Crooked I," I said down the line, smiling. "It's really a pleasure meeting you all," I introduced, sweetly. They all smiled widely back, exchanging their own greetings and warm words to me. Before I went on, something popped into my head right there. "Oh," I blurted, startling everyone. I blushed as I brought my bag up to me, unzipping it. After, I pulled out my stuffed toy pig, which I've kept in there the entire time, and a Sharpie. I held these items out in front of me. "Could you guys autograph my Chops Jr.'s shirt?" I asked, motioning to the mini-sized white t-shirt the toy had been wearing itself.

Laughter broke out. Joell went to make a grab for it first. They all exchanged words as they took turns signing. I just stared at them all vibrantly as I made kindest comments every now and then, "Aw-ing" at the extra few phrases they included along with their signatures.

After a while, Royce made a comment as it was his turn to autograph the shirt of the pig now. "Yo Marshall, is this really your girl?" he said, surprising me. "'Cause she's fucking adorable."

Marshall answered from beside me. "Ain't she?"

Joell added. "She's mad cute."

"She is," Joe interjected.

Crook said last, "I agree!"

I blushed hard at all of them at their words regarding me, standing embarrassingly. They handed Chops back once they were finished, me stuffing him happily back into my bag so the autographs would stay protected and wouldn't wear off.

I started once I zipped my bag back up. "Thanks for signing my Chops. I love him as the logo, he's freaking hilarious. Just the prank calls and everything. I love your songs in general; I'm really a huge fan. Your newest album is so dope, too," I talked on, laughing joyfully at everything. They all laughed at me. I was a complete dork at the moment. I could tell they were all admiring me the whole time, nonetheless. I started up again, asking all of them. "Did you guys notice me during the concert?"

"Yeah," Royce said, "I did."

"Same here," Joell inserted. "I shook your hand, don't you remember?"

"I knew," Crook said. "You were right in the front."

"We all knew you," Joe concluded, smiling. "I reached for your hand, too."

Royce began. "You were singing every damn lyric in the front, I noticed. It blew me away."

"Yeah, sort of," I chuckled lightly, turning red. "As I said, I love all of your songs," I smirked at them.

"What did you think of the concert tonight?" Crook jumped in. "You enjoy it?"

I replied with great spirit. "It was exceptionally fun and amazing. It was packed and there was so much energy all around. You all sounded great. The music, plus how everything flowed the entire time, was just insane. Hands down, it had to be one of the best shows I've ever been to. I had an absolute blast."

"Aw, thanks, girl!"

"Really glad to hear it."

"We appreciate that."

Royce began to speak for all. "It really means a lot to us that you enjoyed our show. L.A.'s one of our favorite cities to visit and perform at for that reason. The crowd's almost always the best here. We always look forward to coming here. Don't y'all think so, too?"

"Yup."

"Straight up!"

"Couldn't agree more."

I felt happy very for them for how they thought about it. Not only because they get the best feedback in this marvelous city, but because of how successful Slaughterhouse had become everywhere up to now. A lot like "My Life." They should celebrate it, and they deserve to—for all their hard work they've put in after all these years.

"Hey, but on the subject," Joell began, "we were thinking about hitting up some clubs. Did you two want join us?" he directed towards me and Marshall.

I didn't know what to say. Clubbing? 40's, and endless strippers everywhere? I began hesitantly. "Uh..."

Marshall began to speak over me. "I think we'll pass. She's only twenty. And I'm not feeling up to it."

"You sure, dawg?" Crook asked him.

"Yeah," Marshall affirmed.

I nodded my head slowly in agreement, a little relieved too at that.

"Well maybe we all can grab something to eat," Joe suggested. "What about that?"

"I'd be down. I'm kind of hungry," Crook added.

"That'd be cool," Royce said. "You guys hungry?"

"Yeah," Joell said. "I'm hungry."

"We hungry!" Joe exclaimed.

"I'd love to eat with you guys," I laughed hard, joining in. I turned to Marshall next, searching his eyes for confirmation if it would be alright with him.

Marshall gave me a light nod then turned to the others, answering everyone. "Sure."

"Alright, sounds like we made a decision," Royce announced. "We better start heading out."

Everyone moved to get up and go when I stopped just Marshall before he was able to leave with the rest of them. I spoke only so that Marshall could hear. "Hey, um, can I speak to you alone before we go?" I reached for his arm.

Marshall looked back at me strangely. "Oh, uh, yeah." The others noticed us standing still as they glanced back, questioningly. Marshall exchanged a few words with them. "Just give us a second, we'll meet you out." They all nodded, leaving until it'd just been me and Marshall by ourselves. The entire backstage and building venue even sounded like it was emptying. It was dead silent, everywhere. "What's up? What did you want to talk about?"

I began, a little nervous. My heart was beating fast out of nowhere. "First off, it's not about Slaughterhouse or anything. It's something else entirely. Even though, yes, they are wonderful, and again, they're such a great crew, but—"

"What is it then?" Marshall asked, concerned.

I inhaled deeply. "I spoke to Alaina and Hailie a little while ago about this. They became so ecstatic for me; not just that, but angry too, saying that I should've told you first before telling them. I mean, it's huge news and I wanted to wait until I got the chance to tell you in person. I really wanted to tell you as soon as possible, before we spend the rest of the night out with Slaughterhouse and all," I explained to him, my words nearly fumbling the entire time. I was having a hard time keeping my thoughts straight.

Marshall studied my face the whole time, his concentration on me fully. He spoke after a while, a little hesitant on what the "news" could be since it probably occurred to him that I didn't look the most gleeful; but that I didn't look sorrowful or troubled by it, either, which most likely perplexed him to no end. "What is it?"

I gave it a few seconds, a happy smile then pouring across my face. I said it. "Marshall... I'm pregnant."