Chapter 59: Just Don't Give a F***

For the first time in a while, I smiled; yet still, only small.

"Thank you. You're one of my best friends for this and that makes me exceptionally happy," I let her know with full admiration through my current frailness. "Those words mean a lot, and I'm really touched by them. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have anyone's support, such as yours, in a state like this."

Kim shot her head up, staring into my eyes. "I'm here for you, okay? And you're really one of my best friends, too. How could you not be?"

I was sniffling, as I gave her a small hug for that, but then frowned. "The problem is that I don't know if it will be temporary or if any of those things will ever happen. This may be it."

She returned the hug, then continued on. "But you don't know that it isn't, either. Give it time. Whatever happens, I really wish the best for you."

"Thank you," I said, appreciatively.

Kim went on. "For now, fuck him. And actually, you know what? My friend is throwing a party at her place tonight. I'm sure there's going to be a ton of cute college guys going," she nudged me. "Do you want to go? It can take your mind off of things and maybe you'll even find someone new."

I shrugged. "I don't know." Find someone new? I doubt it.

She sighed, knowing I wasn't too enthusiastic for it, as she brought up something else. "Unless you want to go out, just us two? We can go eat someplace nice, go to the mall, go shopping, and get you a bunch of new clothes; just to start fresh and give you an upgrade. Then after, we can buy tubs of ice cream and come back and watch movies," she suggested, smirking. "Everything's on me," she then offered, smiling beautifully. "What do you say?"

I felt internally grateful. "I would really like that."

Kim laughed. "Great. What are some of your favorite movies?"

"8 Mi—" I changed my mind. "The HangoverAnchorman, or any of the Marvel movies."

Kim let out a huge sigh, yet remaining cheerful. "I love how your favorites are all in series. And which Marvel ones?"

I smirked lightly. "Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, The Avengers, and Spider-Man are just a few."

"I guess we're having a movie marathon then," she announced, laughing. "We're probably going to end up pulling an all-nighter, huh?"

"Probably. Oh, and let's not forget all the X-Men movies."

Kim let out the hugest groan but then grinned, adding in after. "I know—how about let's toss all of the Harold & Kumar movies in there, too."

A smile out of nowhere appeared on my face. "Oh, my god, yes. I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie." I let out a laugh after that. Kim was really something special for getting me to crack even the smallest smile with the current condition I was in. It was as if this conversation alone had made me feel better. She was the sweetest, most caring and heartfelt person ever. "Well, we better go get ready if we'll even have time to see all those later," Kim stated. "Wear something hot, because I will. Actually, I'll pick your outfit out for you. We're going to make all the heads turn."

I rolled my eyes at her as I gave her one last thankful hug. She hopped off my bed next and began to dig through my closet. I told her to give me a second, as I went to make a phone call myself. After a few moments, I heard my mother's voice. "Hello?"

"Mom," I greeted as warmly as I could.

"Hi, honey," she greeted back. "How've you been?"

I answered her straightforwardly. "Not the best."

"Why?"

"I don't want to go into it," I grumbled, then changed the subject. "But I wanted to ask if it would be alright if I can come and visit next weekend."

"Next weekend?" she questioned, confused. "I thought you had something important going on then."

"Not anymore," I told her, very furious from within.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But you're absolutely welcome to come home anytime you want to."

I told her with sincerity. "I miss you guys a lot. I'm actually planning to go out for the evening but I just wanted to ask and let you know that for now. Tell Dad and sis, too."

"Of course," she replied. "I will. I hope you're alright," she sounded concerned. "And have fun tonight."

"Thanks," I smiled to myself. "I'll be fine. It was nice talking to you again. I love you."

"I love you too, Sal. It was nice talking to you again, too. I'll talk to you later."

I got off the phone with my mother and placed my phone aside, turning around to face Kim again. I noticed her already laying out our outfits at the edge of my bed. "You're wearing this, girly," she stated, smiling.

My jaw dropped when I saw the pieces of clothing laid out. What she chose for us were identical outfits: Matching patterned crop tops accompanied with high-waisted booty shorts, and pairs of sexy, flirty heels to go along with them. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Nope," she made clear, her tone definitely giving off the fact that there was not going to be any changes made to what she's picked out for us already. "Now get over here. Let me do your hair and fix your makeup for you," she said, smiling at me.

I couldn't help this. I groaned as I stomped over, allowing Kim to give me a small makeover. It was still a bit fun so I wasn't complaining much. Also, dressing sexy would be entertaining. Being thankful was not enough to describe how I felt about Kim doing all of this for me.

I shrugged the thought of Marshall off my shoulders as Kim and I set out to spend the rest of the day together.