Chapter 51: Final Drive

Marshall and I were walking toward the Hummer when I stopped the both of us, speaking something over to him. I grinned before talking. "Can I drive?"

Marshall turned to me outraged. "You actually want to drive?"

"Yeah," I confirmed faintly. "Driving's fun."

"Driving is fun for you now?" Marshall just repeated.

"I never said it wasn't," I just laughed. I headed up to the driver door, yet still unsure. I looked over at Marshall. "Well, can I?"

Marshall reached into his pocket and pulled out the keys, throwing them at me. "I wasn't going to. Glad you asked."

I stuck my tongue out at him as I caught the car keys. I clicked the button to unlock the vehicle, the two of us jumping in and unloading all of my stuff into the back of it. Once we got ourselves buckled, I started the vehicle, ready to take off. I caught the three of them, Nathan, Alaina, and Hailie, still standing at the doorway, waving at us. I waved and smiled ever so warmly at them in return, going to drive off.

"Do you need the GPS?" I heard Marshall ask from beside me.

"I think I got it," I replied to him. "I remember from the last time you dropped me off."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive," I looked over to him, smiling.

"Damn... you got a really good memory then," he continued on.

I laughed. "It's not all that hard."

"You're really getting to know Michigan, huh?"

I smiled at him. "I guess so. I'm still not entirely sure, though. Help me out when I need it, alright?" I asked of him.

"Sure," Marshall responded. I saw him smile in satisfaction to me. 

Driving a little more, the station's default already set to Shade 45, the song "Goodbye" by Slaughterhouse came on. I let out my excitement, absolutely loving the group. I brought up something about them to Marshall. "Hey, did you know, I was planning on seeing these guys at their Glasshouse Tour coming up? Whenever they announce dates, I plan to go. To their show in L.A., most likely."

"Oh, are you? That's dope. It makes me happy knowing you're a big fan of them," Marshall said, amused.

"Mhm," I nodded my head, smiling. "I love all of their songs. Oh, and also, I heard tickets were a great price. About fifteen bucks or so, and something like a hundred for meet-and-greet," I said.

Marshall talked more. "I'll take care of it for you. You don't need to pay to see them. You kidding? I'll introduce you to them," he said.

My eyes sparkled, thanking him gratefully for that. "Will you be there?"

He hesitated. "At their tour on that day?" he asked, repeating. I nodded. "I wasn't planning on it. But, I mean... unless you want me to."

"Yes," I almost shouted. "Please."

He let out a sigh. "I'll have to see. I'm there and I still got to help them finish up their album to be released. I might have plans that day, you know, I got my own schedule and things I have to do. But, I'll try, since you really want it," he said soothingly to me.

I was so full of joy. "I'd love you to be there. And I'd love to meet the members with you. Maybe we can meet up backstage after the show or something?" I suggested. "And then you can introduce us."

I turned to catch Marshall look at me, a happy smile forming from the corner of his mouth. I'm sure he could tell I was getting excited, planning much too early about it, but that I wanted him to go like none other. He started. "That could work. We'll see. Nothing's for sure yet."