Chapter 26: Melt In Your Mouth

Both Hailie and I stood at the entrance of the mansion, patiently waiting as our arms were sore struggling with loads of shopping bags. Seconds later after trying the doorbell again, it opened. 

"Finally," Hailie complained once Marshall's face came into sight.

"Hey, sorry, let me help you with those," Marshall right away offered.

He reached over and took the majority of Hailie's load and then mine after. We entered the house, one by one, all pouring into the kitchen. As soon as all the bags were placed on the counter, Marshall took a look at everything, saying a few words. "What the hell is half this stuff?"

I put the blame on Hailie immediately. "Hailie went crazy getting condoms and contraceptive stuff. She did need pads, but everything else was her doing," I accused, pushing her around.

Hailie only cracked up. "Sal's the one who showed interest first," she blamed back.

"What the f—" Marshall started.

"No, stop it," I pushed her back. "Hailie insisted!"

I noticed Marshall become baffled. His eyes went from Hailie to me as we were constantly blaming each other and messing around. He didn't know what to say. "Um, okay. Wow. Well, I—"

"At least we got a ton of food and the items for Whitney," Hailie brought up.

He let out a breath, thankful Hailie changed the subject. "Thank you," he said over to us. "You girls put all these groceries away. I have to do something quick," Marshall said, about to take off.

"Wait, Dad!" Hailie stopped him before he went. "Can Sal and I phone for pizza? We wanted to eat out but didn't get a chance to. Too many groceries," Hailie said.

"Sure. You still got my card right?"

"Mhm," she answered.

Hailie and I began to unload all the groceries everything into their respectable areas as Marshall left for a little. He came back once we finished, altogether phoning for pizza. We decided on getting an extra large cheese with a side of bread sticks. Whitney was napping upstairs so we decided we'd wake her when the pizza arrived.

"Hey, Sal," Hailie brought something to my attention. "Did you ever get an actual tour of this place yet?"

"Oh, not yet, actually. Would you mind showing me around?" I wondered.

"No, not at all. We got to kill time before the food comes. Did you want to join, Dad?" Hailie asked her father.

"I have some phone calls I got to make. You girls go," he apologized.

We nodded, Hailie pulling me along. We spent the next twenty minutes going from place to place in this huge mansion. She showed me both stories, all the bedrooms, bathrooms, and extra rooms located on each floor. She pointed her room out to me as well as Marshall's—and, of course, I already knew Whitney's. In between, she even showed me Marshall's private little office-studio. We didn't go inside, but I observed it from the door.

She went on to show me the basement and nice seven lot parking garage. She even took me out, showing me their tennis and basketball court, pond, swimming pool, and sheds plus gazebos as well. I was quite amazed and impressed at all fourteen thousand-plus square feet of this place.

We eventually made our way back. We entered the house, the smell of pizza filling up our nostrils. "Welcome back, girls. Pizza came," Marshall said to us, helping himself to a slice. He looked adorable. Hailie and I grabbed a chair and joined. "How'd you like the place?" Marshall directed towards me.