Chapter 54: Welcome to Our House

A few months later

I was standing in a semi-long line outside of the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles.

What I wore was a Slaughterhouse band tee, cute short shorts, and a pair of black Nike Dunk Sky Highs. I had my "Slim Shady" bag with me (as always), as well as a stuffed animal toy pig (which I owned) in my arms I decided to bring along for fun. I called him my Chops Jr. (Chops being Slaughterhouse's well-known, hilarious, adorable logo).

It was still early evening right now, the Slaughterhouse concert not starting until nine which was still in another four to five hours or so. It was on a first-come first-serve basis and I wanted to get a good spot in the front of the stage (that most likely going to happen, since I was probably fifth in line, funnily enough). I was alone in line by myself, which was a tad bit depressing. You really shouldn't go to concerts by yourself; however, I didn't really have any friends who were fans of them—well, not that they weren't fans; they just didn't listen to them or haven't heard of the hip-hop supergroup before.

But all was well, the thought of being able to make new friends comforting me. And on the bright side, bringing someone might've ended up putting a damper on things since I was going to meet up with my certain someone after the show, as well as become introduced and acquainted to the rest of the crew. I didn't want them to get in the way, I kind of ended up admitting.

Going back, these last couple months have really been something. I would be lying if I said they haven't been wild—they absolutely have. Adjusting to everything has been a crazy ride.

First off, I did tell my parents about me and Marshall that night we arrived back from Michigan over dinner.

The scary thing wasn't just how well they took it that night, but how my father actually figured it all along during the trip. Connecting back to the conversation with me finding a person to like (no matter the age), he was actually happy for me. My mother wasn't bothered by it, either—she was more glad, too. Since she wanted to make it up to me for all those years of mistreating me, she said that this one thing of "approving me seeing him" would be it. And I couldn't be happier. My father and mother have, as well, gotten along so much better now. Lastly, my sister obviously knew the entire time. When I'd talk to Marshall on the phone, she'll insist to be on the line, too. She got to meet him too in person, a little while ago when he stopped by here. She almost fainted she was in such shock that time. And he treated her adorably the entire time.

My parents have yet to meet him. I've tried getting Marshall to stop by our house but he would always make up excuses that he doesn't want to yet or that he's afraid what they'll say or how awkward it would be. I urged him not to worry about those things and that it would be fine, but he refuses every time. Besides that, everything's been wonderful between me and Marshall. We've kept in touch the whole time, me as well with Nathan, Hailie, Whitney, the rest of everyone.

Also, I was a little bit of a celebrity in myself now. There would be talk about me and Marshall in the media every now and then but luckily, nothing ever too extreme—it was about as far as it went. I was about as often talked about as Hailie was, but a little more so. I wasn't all over the news and media nonstop, so it was a lot like my privacy was more respected, too, which was a giant relief.

But once in a rare while, I'll have somebody in public recognize me. More often if I went to events which revolved around Marshall, like around now. I had a few people stop and ask for pictures with me, chatting me up and what not. I didn't mind it; everyone who did seemed lovely.

I had gained quite the number of followers on Facebook, Twitter, and so on, so it would be fun to interact with them. I'm being very careful with things like what Marshall told me to. Nothing too unpleasant has happened because of it other than the occasional things some fans would throw at me. But other than that, people generally are liking me and adore Marshall and I together.