Chapter 57: Bad Meets Evil

The look on Marshall's face was completely indescribable after my words. He just stared back at me in horror, mouth open, not saying anything. It was like his face went completely blank; he was as pale as a ghost.

"You're..." he couldn't repeat it. He looked shaken and just out of it.

I couldn't do this. I started to burst out in laughter, words spilling out, as I calmed him immediately. I reached out for him, stroking him with ease. "I'm kidding! Oh god, are you okay?"

Marshall blinked after a few seconds. "...it ain't true?"

I shook my head hard. "Don't worry, I'm not pregnant. I just wanted to see how you'd take that. That was a mistake," I laughed, thinking back. Marshall took an unsteady breath, regaining himself again. I giggled, watching him. "That was payback for the 'suck my dick' thing earlier," I said to him, vengeful. "A taste of your own medicine."

He let out a heavy groan. "Bitch," he muttered, still a little shaken.

I smacked him, mentioning something next. "I do have news, I mean. I wasn't lying about that," I smiled charmingly.

Marshall, still wincing from my hit, looked at me downright scared now. "Fuck. What is it?"

I let out a laugh, talking with much more ease. I really only put up that act before to make it seem more believable. I went on to say the real news. "I'm going to be moving to Michigan," I exclaimed enthusiastically.

Joy seemed to spark in Marshall's eyes for once in a long time. "You are?"

I nodded, further explaining myself. "For school. I talked it through with my parents and we had to do so much research together of course, also me having to schedule appointments with guidance counselors and talk to professors. But in the end, the university I visited with my dad a while back on that vacation, the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, is where I'm going to be transferring to! UM has a really good nursing program for me there. I'm sorry it couldn't be in Detroit specifically but at least we're going to be in the same state now. So starting in the fall, I'll officially be living there, in UM's dorms," I concluded so happily.

He was so thrilled on this news, as was I. And, as said before, Alaina and Hailie were very ecstatic for me, too. I was going to be with everyone over in Detroit. The fact of actually moving there now... my dream really had come true; everything was fitting together perfectly. Marshall went in and kissed me on the top of my head. He looked back into my eyes, them full of never ending hope. "I'm happy for you. Really damn proud, too. You're going be in motherfucking Michigan. Not just that, but University of. I can't believe it."

I laughed. "I know, right? We can talk more about it later; we really should get going. I bet the crew's wondering what's taking us so long," I thought amusingly.

I offered my hand out to Marshall, in hopes he would hold it in return, as I began to walk out. However, Marshall did something different and clutched my wrist instead, stopping me in my tracks. "Wait," he said from behind me. "I got something I need to say to you." I wasn't expecting him to do that at all. I turned back around to face him, his hand letting my wrist go. "Except," he added. "I don't think you're going to like it."

My smile from before immediately transformed into a frown. Now I was the one with anxiety. "...what?"

Marshall smiled, a smile I never saw him do before, as he went on to say the next words. "I love you."

My stomach literally went into knots—in a completely good way. It was either his face that did it or the way he had just said those three words. Tearing up entirely, holding myself in, I began to speak. "What do you mean I wouldn't like it? Of course I do," I giddied warmheartedly. "Marshall, I love you, too."

Marshall chuckled at me, leaning in to share a kiss with me when then, we heard a groan coming from outside the room. We both snapped our heads back, looking towards the doorway. We had found Royce standing there, annoyed. "Y'all make me sick. You know that? Are you ready yet?"

Marshall and I mumbled apologies right away to him, saying now that we were ready, as the three of us walked out to meet with the others. I was blushing the entire time; my heart was pounding in complete happiness. Something came to me as we were now stepping out of the venue. I whispered to Marshall. "Hey, I left all the gifts from you inside... will we be able to pick them up later?"

Marshall realized that too, giving me a small shrug, as he called Royce out. "Yo, man. Yo!"

"Yo, what's up, man?" Royce answered.

"Sal left some stuff back in one of the rooms in the building. It ain't going to be locked later, is it?"

"Yo, nah, man. It's fine. If we need to go back in we can. We're going to have to stop by after anyway; even we left some of our stuff back there ourselves," Royce assured us.

"Aight, yo, cool. Just checking. Thanks, man," Marshall said.

"Yo, no problem."

"Yeah, yo."

"Yo."

I laughed so hard my sides hurt as they went on with their goofiness. Marshall and Royce were being incredibly absurd and silly, but cute. The legendary duo, Bad Meets Evil. Or should I say, "Yo meets Yo," more like.

Once we finally met with the others, we found them all standing in the public street under the starry night sky besides a lamppost. I noted their faces looking a little weary and impatient, but I could tell they didn't mind it much. They were teasing around when they called out the next things.

"Took you two long enough!"

"Thought we wasn't going to eat."

"Keeping us waiting out here with our stomach's growling!"

Royce turned to the others, as we began to walk along. "What these love birds were doing was telling how much they love each other. That's what kept us waiting!"

Everyone just yelled more at us two. I groaned, calling out to Royce. "Nickle Nina, be quiet!"

Royce just laughed, then pushed Marshall beside me. "You know I'm playing. You two are actually real cute."

Marshall pushed him back, blushing, but hiding so. "Shut up." He paused, bringing up a vitally important topic we hadn't gone over before. "Where are we even going?"

The crowd just laughed.

"We'll see whatever we hit," Joe said.

"Don't matter to me," shrugged Crook.

"First place we come to!" Joell hollered.

I inputted a remark myself. "Well, whatever it'll be, we can't eat pork!"

"Oh, come on!" Crook yelled at me.

"Enough with that!" Joell added after.

I laughed loudly. "Pigs are people, too!" I announced to everyone.

Royce yelled at Marshall. "Man, get your girl under control!" he scolded, but all in a playful manner, of course. Marshall just sighed, cracking a smile.

We walked on, the two of us in the back, the rest leading the way to whatever restaurant we were to stumble upon. This night was going to be fun, I knew. This group was honestly loads of fun to be around. This entire day had been a incredible pleasure.

With whatever else was to occur, I was looking forward already to the remainder of our outing. Just being with Marshall again meant everything to me.