Chapter 55: The One

I was moving at a fast pace through the hallway I'd just entered to get backstage. I was staring down at the ground as I strode along, my thoughts all over the place.

Mumbling curses to myself the entire time, I hadn't noticed a figure standing in the middle of the path I was going down. Them being in my way, I bumped into this person hard by accident, my head immediately flinging up as I let out an apology to the stranger. "I'm sorry—"

My eyes met with theirs in shock. I couldn't believe who it was. "Hey, baby."

I didn't do anything at first. No excitement. No anything. I just stared, my face straight. One millisecond later, I started pushing—pushing Marshall—violently. I flung my fists at him next, aiming to land some punches. "You piece of shit!"

Marshall jumped back. "Aye, stop!" Marshall dodged my every action and swooped me in a close hug when he saw the chance to, stopping me from being able to send him any blows. He rested his chin down on my shoulder, shushing me, as he gripped me tight. "I missed you," he said endearingly to me, calming me down.

I stopped struggling after a while, groaning, as I went to hold him tightly back in return. "I missed you, too," I gave in, mumbling.

He pulled back first, talking to me in a relaxed manner. "How'd you get back here? Did you actually go and do what I said?"

"Yes," I answered, with a lingering attitude.

Marshall looked astonished. "I wasn't actually expecting you to, holy shit. You did that? I was just on my way out to come get you." Marshall started to break out in laughter. "How'd the security man react then? Oh, man," he said, humored.

I growled. "I don't want to talk about it."

My eyes shifted downward annoyed while I crossed my arms. As I was happening to look down, I noticed something in one of Marshall's hands. It was a fairly small to medium-sized wrapped box with a bow on top. He apparently had been holding it this entire time; I hadn't noticed until now.

I slowly looked from it back up to Marshall. "What... what's that?" I gaped, pointing at the mysterious box.

Marshall smirked in satisfaction. He lifted it up, handing the small gift to me. "Happy Belated Birthday." I took it, not knowing at all what to make of this. I held my breath as I began to pull the bow off then the wrapping. I gasped once I opened the case, revealing what had been inside. "Do you like it?"

I stared a second longer at this. What I'd just received inside of this box was a bling, diamond white Casio G-Shock watch—my very own one. It glistened under the fluorescent lights above us. I took it out of its case, studying this fine piece of jewelry. What I noticed on it was his signature backward "E" on the dial face and even a skyline of downtown Detroit on the band of the watch. It was a digital one, and it was beyond gorgeous.

"Flip it over," Marshall said.

I did so, and the hugest smile came across my face when I saw it. It was the initials "S.S." inscribed on the back side of it. I spoke in awe, looking up from it. "My initials."

He nodded, content. "Mine, too."

I just smiled completely brightly. I'd noticed that this was brand new, actually "custom-made." I couldn't begin to describe how grateful I was at this moment.

I began again after a while. "I'm in love with it it," I let him know, smiling with each word. "Thank you, Marshall. This is beyond beautiful."

"You're welcome," he said to me, smiling. "I told you I'd get you one." I went up and wrapped my arms around him once more, taking him in, so thankful for this lovely present he sent to me. I put the watch on my left wrist right away, immediately taking notice of how glamorous it looked.

Marshall just watched me the whole time, incredibly pleased. He brought up something after a bit, turning around. "There's more stuff in the back. Come on."

"There's more?" I questioned, my gaze returning on him. He nodded, motioning at me to follow. I did so, the two of us walking down the rest of the corridor until we turned into a room. He lead me to the back of it where there had been another box sitting on the ground, a giant one at that, as well as a vase full of flowers beside it. I gasped as I took everything in.

The vase of flowers included a wide range of roses, daisies, tulips, baby's breath, and azaleas. There was a note pinned to it from him, which I picked up and read first. On it wrote Marshall wishing me a wonderful birthday and how he was sorry he couldn't spend it with me, but hoped I would like all the presents I got from him; also, it lastly ending with his little doodles and sketches at the very bottom of it. I smiled at Marshall, telling him it was honestly was the cutest thing. I moved on from it to the giant box which lay next to it.

After a while of trying to get it open, I finally got it to do so. I was so happy when I found out what was inside, yet kind of amused, too. "All of your limited edition apparel?" I said to him, laughing.

"Yeah," he said. "You told me you didn't get a chance to get a lot of these so I wanted to gather them all up for you." I let out a happy sigh as I leaned in and dug around in the box, pulling out items. I noted the "Shady VS. Everybody" camouflage tee, more of the same with different colors, the one with the screenshot from "The Monster," a couple shirts/crewnecks with the words "Rap God" on it which were composed of the entire lyrics of the song, and quite a few others. "They're all men's small, just for you," Marshall commented after a while. "It's all the stuff we didn't end up selling; returns, extras, ones too many. The leftovers, kind of."

I didn't care, honestly. "I appreciate this. What more to ask for than all the limited edition clothing from you?" I said very much full of glee. "I know what I'm wearing every day for the rest of my life," I joked. Marshall chuckled. I stood up again, inhaling greatly. I was about to thank Marshall for everything again, how he honestly didn't need to do this and about how sorry I was with how I acted before until a small group of individuals had walked in on us. My eyes widened as I took them in.

It was Slaughterhouse.