Chapter 32: When It Whirls

I found myself sitting on a couch with everyone gathered around me: Marshall, Hailie, Whitney, and a new face. I didn't pay much attention at first; I was still feeling rather uneasy, phone still clutched tight in my hand. 

I looked up at everybody. "I got all these followers and requests from complete strangers on social media sites. They found out it was me, that I've been around you," I turned to Marshall. He was sitting next to me on the couch close. I turned back to look at the girls. "There were pictures leaked. I got anxious suddenly."

"It happens," Hailie sighed, speaking comfortingly. "What have people been saying?"

"They're mostly questioning who I am," I unraveled.

"But they found you out?" Whitney interjected.

"Yeah," I answered her, trying to offer her a smile. "I'm still trying to figure it out. It's a lot to take in right now."

"Have you been getting threats?" Marshall asked directly after.

"I don't think so... I haven't checked," I told Marshall.

"Well if you do, you tell me, okay? They mess with you, they mess with me," he stated.

I gave him a tremulous smile, my heart pounding. "Thank you. Have you heard or seen anything on it?" I asked him in return.

"No," Marshall spoke. "I don't keep up with it, I don't care. You shouldn't be letting what people speculate get to you." 

I nodded slowly, taking in his words.

"Sorry about everything," Whitney began, down. "Does this mean we're not going out later?"

I directed my attention to her. "Of course not, Whitney. We'll still go out. I, um—" My eyes suddenly met with the eyes of the other person standing beside Whitney. I hadn't introduced myself yet to her and neither had she. All the attention had been focused primarily on me since I stepped foot in the house, causing a scene. I decided to speak to her first. "I'm very sorry... are you Alaina?"

She smiled beautifully at me, nodding her head. "Everyone told me about you. Don't sweat it, really. I get it. I feel for you in that situation... I'm sorry," she included to me. Alaina was gorgeous. She had long, wavy brown hair, pretty green eyes, plus a set of spider bites lip piercings, which were absolutely ill. She had the most straightest, white teeth as well, which made for the widest and fullest smile. I adored her already.

I smiled back at her. "Thanks, I appreciate that." I turned to face everyone else. "Sorry, everyone. I'll be careful and learn how to cope with it," I made clear.

"You scared me when I heard you on the phone. Don't do that again," Marshall said to me firmly.

I apologized quietly. He gave my shoulder a squeeze, giving me a calming look to ease me up. He next rose from the couch and left to do something. Not saying anything else, I couldn't help but feel somewhat dejected. I chatted with everyone a bit after, especially Alaina, to get to know her better and lift up my spirits. Her and I were actually getting on relatively well. Alaina and Whitney, who had been standing in front of me before, joined me on the same sofa; Hailie stayed at her spot, sitting right across from us. "I love your spider bites," I said to Alaina curiously, bringing up a topic. "Did those hurt to get done?"

"Actually, not as bad as I thought it would be. But then, it wasn't like it was the most comfortable thing either," she chuckled it off.

I laughed. "I really dig it. It looks nice on you," I complimented her.

Alaina smiled big. "I really love your outfit, style, and everything. An Eminem tank too, like, really?" she chuckled.

"Yeah," I let out a light laugh. "I brought it with me on my trip; I might as well wear it like I intended to do," I smiled.

"Your bag," Hailie exclaimed out of nowhere, just now noticing it my clothing and accessories on topic. "Have you had it with you all this time?"

"It's nice," Whitney added, giggling.

Nodding at Hailie, thanking Whitney. After hearing Whitney speak, I asked her a question. "Whit, are you still sick? I don't even hear your cough."

"I still have a bit of it left over but it's really gone for the most part," Whitney replied. "I ate some soup after you left Wednesday. I took Thursday off school and went back today, feeling almost back to normal again the entire day," she beamed.

Hailie smiled radiantly at me. "You taking care of her early enough like that did help."

I gushed. "I'm really glad to hear that. I'm more than happy I could help," I said to both of them, ever so happy.

"That's really sweet of you, girl," Alaina said.

I smiled at her broadly. I felt cheerful; I've won Hailie's approval, Whitney's respect, and now Alaina was warming up to me greatly.

"Were we planning on going out soon? I'd love to tag along with you guys," Alaina mentioned.

"Oh, yeah," I commented. "When are we going?"

"Whenever Dad's finished with what he's doing. We still have to go over our plans with him," Hailie said.

I replied quietly. "Work must be busy for him, huh?" I pondered, feeling low.

"He gets busy a lot," Alaina answered for me. "Even if he's meaning to take a break off, he'll still get hounded by the people in the industry and business. Lately, he's been working on new projects," Alaina said in response to me. "So I think that's what it's been about."

"Yeah, it is," Hailie said in correspondence to Alaina. "It's best to give him space. We'll just chill until he's ready," Hailie summed up, Whitney agreeing with both girls.

I smiled at them, nodding. I understood.

"You guys want to watch TV for now?" Alaina suggested.

We all mutually agreed. "I want to pick the channel we watch!" Whitney called.

Alaina reached for the remote then handed it to her after, smiling graciously. "Knock yourself out." Whitney took it with great pleasure, flipping in search of a channel that captured her attention the most. 

I really did enjoy spending small time together like this, nonetheless. We were all relaxed with each other and very close; I loved it absolutely.