chapter 1

//2017 - Your pov//

"Jess? You have to wake up, our bus will come in 30 minutes", I walked to her room and saw that she was already playing around on her phone. She gave me a tired smile. "Alright I'm gonna get dressed then", she answered. I smiled and went into the kitchen to eat some cereal. After a few minutes Jess joined me.
"Are you afraid of going to a new school?", I asked her. She shook her head.
"I'm kinda happy to finally go to a high school. It always looks so amazing in movies", she answered excited.

"What about you?" Jess asked, giving me that curious side glare. I already knew that this was coming. "I guess I'm gonna be okay", I shrugged.
"I'm serious, if anyone is making you feel uncomfortable you can call me and I'm going to karate chop the shit out of them", she encouraged me. I was so happy to have her, I could smile all day.

After we finished eating we started to get ready. I decided for a turtle neck sweater and a pair of black jeans combined with black sneakers. I only put my hair together in a ponytail. It was already 7.26am but the good thing was that the bus stop was only across the street.

Jess and I live in a small house near to the city. Even though I am 16 and she is 15 years old we live alone. Our aunt sometimes stops by to spend some time with us. She is the one who offered us that house to live in. Monthly she gives us money for food and other things. Our auntie is really the only family member around us. After our mom passed away due to cancer some years ago, our aunt offered us this house which she paid for by herself. Sometimes she also cooks for us but she's very busy during the week. We can't be grateful enough to have someone like her in our life.

"Jess? Are you ready?", I called her. She rushed towards me, looking all cute with her blouse and her dark blue skirt. "Let's go!", she said and opened the door.

Before getting on the bus I tried to clear my mind and took a deep breath. My sister put her hand on my back and gave me an encouraging smile. I smiled back and entered the bus. Fortunately it was very empty and there were only like 5 people so we got to the front of the bus and sat down next to each other. Throughout the whole ride only two students got on the bus. A girl with short dark hair and a boy with black hair which created a beautiful contrast to his pale skin. I caught myself staring at the boy for too long and immediately turned my gaze to the window again hoping that my sister didn't see that glare.

I constantly felt a gaze in the back of my head but I have that feeling very often so it didn't really bother me anymore.

After a few minutes we already arrived in front of our new high school. As we got off the bus I noticed that the black haired guy still sat in the bus and seemingly fell asleep. At first I thought about waking him up but on the other hand he's a stranger and maybe he isn't even a student of this school.

So Jess and I started walking towards our school just like every other person around us. Today was the first day after summer holidays so all the new students had to meet in a hall inside the school. There the principal greeted us and gave us information for where the classrooms for all the subjects are and so on.

After the whole welcome ceremony, I had to find the way to my first subject on my own. Apparently me and another girl were the only new students in the maths course. We waited in front of the door till the other students came.

"Hi! I'm Lisa!" the girl suddenly breaks the awkward silence.
"I-I am (Y/N)...", I hesitantly answered. "Nice to meet you!", she smiled and held out her hand.
I just smiled politely and nodded while acting like I didn't see her hand. 

"Soooo... where are you from?" Ugh I hated conversations I'm always so weird...

"I.. only live 15 minutes away from here, near the city", I answered.

"Oh okay I'm living in the city. It's cool there! But did you move here from somewhere?", she just continued asking.

"Well yes but already some years ago." I stared down the long blue and white coloured hallway as my mood slightly changed. But my thoughts were immediately cut off by classdoors opening and students coming down the hallway.

"You seem to be very nice I hope we'll become good friends!", she just gave me a big smile without noticing that I felt slightly uncomfortable. But she also seemed nice so I nodded and smiled back. She trew her orange hair which reached up to her elbows over her shoulder and let out a sigh.

Gradually the other students came to the classroom and a few minutes later a male teacher, maybe in the beginning of his twenties arrived. He was tall and had dark brown, messy hair which made him seem even younger. As he opened up the classroom I realized that he must be our maths teacher.

We all followed him into the classroom and everyone got to their seats except for me and Lisa. The teacher made us clear to follow him to the front first. But as I wanted to take a step, someone rushed past me and nearly made me fall but Lisa luckily kinda caught me. I got on my feet again just to see that the one who kinda pushed me wasn't there anymore to apologize or something like that. While rolling my eyes I turned around again and got to our teacher.

He quickly introduced himself as Mr Do and pointed to a seat next to a guy which seemed quite nice. But of course I wasn't told to sit there but Lisa. After that he looked across the room till he found a seat next to another guy. He must've been the one that rushed past me a minute ago. But it seemed like he was asleep again tho. I bet he partied all night last night and has a hangover now. As I saw that guy I started feeling guilty. So he did  go to our school. But anyways how could I know that?

•••••
I am totally not satisfied with my writing lol.