chapter 14

"Kiss me", Yoongi said.

"What?", I asked not being sure if he really just said that.

"If you want me to believe you that you care, kiss me", he simply repeated with his deep voice, giving me a serious yet slightly ironic look.

"See, I told you...", he answered and turned away again.

I carefully laid my hand on his cheek, turning his face to me again. Slowly I approached him and laid my lips on his, kissing him gently.

As he hesitantly pulled away from the kiss, I looked into his obviously puzzled face. But that lasted for only a second because this time he was the one who kissed me. It was a short kiss, yet lovely and tender.

"I told you, I do care about you", I said trying not to explode because of the happiness which spread inside of me.

Yoongi gave me a very cute smile before intertwining his fingers with mine.

We just sat there like that for I don't know how long

"So, do you want to tell me what happened?", I carefully asked.

He let out a small sigh before beginning to tell me what exactly happened.

"Today I hung out with two of my friends, Taehyung and Jungkook as suddenly my doorbell rang. I opened the door and guess who stood there?", he made a short break, trying to collect himself.

"My parents apparently came from- I don't even know where they live, to talk to me. As I let them in, my father summarized that they lost their house and-", Yoongi stopped for a second and gulped.

"What I wanted to say is, they disappeared for 9 years... 9 fucking years. But instead of apologizing or regretting all of it..."

Suddenly Yoongi was really quiet and his face had a tormented expression. 

"They just came for money! They fucking hit me and treated me like a piece of shit just to come back 9 years later, all of a sudden because they suddenly need me!", Yoongi furiously explained, nearly shouting in frustration.

Hearing what he said made me really angry and sad. I could never imagine how I would feel if my father would suddenly appear out of nowhere, also asking for money.

"I thought that maybe... it's completely silly but I thought I would still mean something to them", Yoongi said emotionlessly while looking at our hands.

"I'm so sorry", I said not knowing what else to say. "But if you ask me, your parents are horrible. You deserve the world okay?", I stated, patting his leg.

Only then I noticed the blood on his knees coming out of many little wounds.

"You, you wouldn't cut yourself again am I right?", I asked nervously looking at his bloody knees.

"What? No of course no-... Oh you mean my knees... I just broke my mirror and there were little pieces everywhere", he explained, scratching his neck nervously.

"I won't ever hurt myself again because I did it once and I hurt people", he promised, giving me a tired smile.

The sun slowly began to set and the atmosphere at that moment was beautiful, the view breathtaking. Isn't that something everyone wants? Sitting down with a person you like, watching the sunset together, holding hands. I really didn't want that day to end but slowly it got darker so we decided to go home.

In the bus we quickly exchanged our phone numbers before I got off the bus with a simple: "See you tomorrow!"

I waved at him till the bus left my view and headed home. Jess was already cooking some noodles in the kitchen.

"Where have you been so long?", she curiously asked me.

"I just had to help a friend", I responded.

"Aah so it was just a friend", she teased me, earning a poke from me.

After we ate together I went to bed because it already got late.

As soon as I turned on my phone I saw a message appearing on my screen.

unknown number:
Did you come home safely?

I quickly changed his name to Yoongi.

You:
Yes and you?

Yoongi:
Me too :)

Yoongi:
Thank you

You:
What for?

Yoongi:
For... caring about me

Yoongi:
And for not just pitying me, like every other person does

You:
You are very welcome :)

Yoongi:
Better sleep now so that you get enough rest :)

You:
Yeah I will :) You also better sleep I don't want u to fall asleep in the bus again :D

Yoongi:
I will. Good night (Y/N), sweet dreams :))

[Eww that was so cheesy, Yoongi thought, scrunching his nose]

You:
Good night, sleep well :)

I turned off my phone, falling asleep seconds later, still smiling gladly.